Question About 7800 (noob here)

Reading through some post. i have read that its better to get the 7800gt rather than the 7800gtx.. im planning to buy but before anything. i would like to hear from experienced enthusiast on this forum if getting the 7800gtx would make a big difference. can someone explain it to me why not to get the GTX and go for the GT? what would be the advantage and disadvantage? can i play F.E.A.R on the GT same as the GTX? im only getting 1 card for now then probably get another later to SLI. Can i Play Fear with one card with all eyecandy on?. i also heard someone said about overclocked GT beats GTX. but how about a well overclocked GTX?
sorry for the noob question. i dont have any friends that have this card. :(

awaiting your wisdom:
samskie

My current Rig:
+3200 venice @ 2.4
K8N SLI
2x NX6600GT @ SLI-mode
PQI 1gig (2x512) timing: 2.5-3-3-8
2x samsung 80gb sata 7200rpm @ raid 0+1
samsung 200gb sata 7200rpm
7 answers Last reply
More about question 7800 noob here
  1. anyone?
  2. the only reason to get a gt over the gtx is if you have a budget. Gts can be had for 275 - 325. Gtxs can be found for 440 - 560. Gtxs are better, faster, yadda yadda, but gts are still damn fast cards.
  3. we tell people with budgets to get the GT cause its the better bang for the buck card, if budget aint a problem then go with a GTX. the pre overclocked GTXs dont overclock as well as the non overclocked version(go figure) so you could buy a standard GTX and then up the clock speed higher than a pre overclocked GTX.
  4. so you guys are saying its really worth getting the gtx than the gt if i have the budget? (verry happy to hear) :D and how do both cards perform in gaming? :D
  5. Quote:
    and how do both cards perform in gaming? :D

This might help somewhat;

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/games-2005.html
  6. Quote:
    Reading through some post. i have read that its better to get the 7800gt rather than the 7800gtx.. im planning to buy but before anything. i would like to hear from experienced enthusiast on this forum if getting the 7800gtx would make a big difference. can someone explain it to me why not to get the GTX and go for the GT? what would be the advantage and disadvantage? can i play F.E.A.R on the GT same as the GTX? im only getting 1 card for now then probably get another later to SLI. Can i Play Fear with one card with all eyecandy on?. i also heard someone said about overclocked GT beats GTX. but how about a well overclocked GTX?
    sorry for the noob question. i dont have any friends that have this card. :(

awaiting your wisdom:
    samskie

My current Rig:
    +3200 venice @ 2.4
    K8N SLI
    2x NX6600GT @ SLI-mode
    PQI 1gig (2x512) timing: 2.5-3-3-8
    2x samsung 80gb sata 7200rpm @ raid 0+1
    samsung 200gb sata 7200rpm

I own two evga Geforce 7800 GT COs that come clocked at 470MHz core 1.1GHz Memory. With SLI disabled I can still play on 1280x960 with 2XAA 16XAF at over 50FPS. This with all eye candy enabled except soft shadows.
  7. ok, so no soft shadow. how about SLI enabled? 50fps on which game is this?

@TheGreatGrapeApe: Thanks for the link.. kinda give me an idea. :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Graphics