Remote Controle grayed out.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain (More info?)

I have a Terminal Server in AD and only if I login to it I can use the
Remote Control Optin.

I need to be able to loin to my own PC where I have installed Terminal
Services Manager and select the required Terminal Server then user right
click and Remote Control but is grayed out as well as Connect everything
else workslike Reset, Logoff Etc.

I have checked on the RDP-Tcp properties and my account has the full
Administrative rights to the server, and I use that same account to login to
my work station and run TS manager.

We are all in the same AD.

Any thoughts

Note: It all works OK if I logon to terminal server and doit from there.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

You can NOT remote from the console of a computer, it MUST be done from a RDP
Session.
--
Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Lazo Basic" wrote:

> I have a Terminal Server in AD and only if I login to it I can use the
> Remote Control Optin.
>
> I need to be able to loin to my own PC where I have installed Terminal
> Services Manager and select the required Terminal Server then user right
> click and Remote Control but is grayed out as well as Connect everything
> else workslike Reset, Logoff Etc.
>
> I have checked on the RDP-Tcp properties and my account has the full
> Administrative rights to the server, and I use that same account to login to
> my work station and run TS manager.
>
> We are all in the same AD.
>
> Any thoughts
>
> Note: It all works OK if I logon to terminal server and doit from there.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

You can't Remote Control from the console, it must be done from an RDP Session.

--

"Lazo Basic" wrote:

> I have a Terminal Server in AD and only if I login to it I can use the
> Remote Control Optin.
>
> I need to be able to loin to my own PC where I have installed Terminal
> Services Manager and select the required Terminal Server then user right
> click and Remote Control but is grayed out as well as Connect everything
> else workslike Reset, Logoff Etc.
>
> I have checked on the RDP-Tcp properties and my account has the full
> Administrative rights to the server, and I use that same account to login to
> my work station and run TS manager.
>
> We are all in the same AD.
>
> Any thoughts
>
> Note: It all works OK if I logon to terminal server and doit from there.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

I've got since 2 days the same problem.
The 'Remote Control' tab is grayed out at the Terminal Services
Configuration.
This Win 2003 Terminal server is in action for about 6 month and i
always helped my users through 'Remote control' without 'Require users
permission'.
But since 2 days this option is all of a sudden grayed out.
I'm not behind the console. and i'm logged on as Administrator

Any thoughts about this?

Thx
Lau

Patrick Rouse schreef:
> You can't Remote Control from the console, it must be done from an RDP Session.
>
> --
> Patrick Rouse
> Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://www.workthin.com
>

> "Lazo Basic" wrote:
>
> > I have a Terminal Server in AD and only if I login to it I can use the
> > Remote Control Optin.
> >
> > I need to be able to loin to my own PC where I have installed Terminal
> > Services Manager and select the required Terminal Server then user right
> > click and Remote Control but is grayed out as well as Connect everything
> > else workslike Reset, Logoff Etc.
> >
> > I have checked on the RDP-Tcp properties and my account has the full
> > Administrative rights to the server, and I use that same account to login to
> > my work station and run TS manager.
> >
> > We are all in the same AD.
> >
> > Any thoughts
> >
> > Note: It all works OK if I logon to terminal server and doit from there.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

The console also means console session (mstsc.exe /console), i.e. session
zero on any computer.
--

"Lau" wrote:

> I've got since 2 days the same problem.
> The 'Remote Control' tab is grayed out at the Terminal Services
> Configuration.
> This Win 2003 Terminal server is in action for about 6 month and i
> always helped my users through 'Remote control' without 'Require users
> permission'.
> But since 2 days this option is all of a sudden grayed out.
> I'm not behind the console. and i'm logged on as Administrator
>
> Any thoughts about this?
>
> Thx
> Lau
>
> Patrick Rouse schreef:
> > You can't Remote Control from the console, it must be done from an RDP Session.
> >
> > --
> > Patrick Rouse
> > Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> > http://www.workthin.com
> >

> > "Lazo Basic" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a Terminal Server in AD and only if I login to it I can use the
> > > Remote Control Optin.
> > >
> > > I need to be able to loin to my own PC where I have installed Terminal
> > > Services Manager and select the required Terminal Server then user right
> > > click and Remote Control but is grayed out as well as Connect everything
> > > else workslike Reset, Logoff Etc.
> > >
> > > I have checked on the RDP-Tcp properties and my account has the full
> > > Administrative rights to the server, and I use that same account to login to
> > > my work station and run TS manager.
> > >
> > > We are all in the same AD.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts
> > >
> > > Note: It all works OK if I logon to terminal server and doit from there.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.domain,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

Yep i know.
But when i start a RDP session as an administrator on this TS i get
session id 2.
I go to the 'Remote Control' tab which is grayed out at the Terminal
Services
Configuration. And when i want to take over a users session the users
session display the remote control request.
This morning i rebooted the server same problem. The main issue here is
that the 'Remote Control' tab is grayed out.
I removed the default RDP connection and created a new one with the
wizzard. I choose for remote control without user intervention.
The new RDP connection was made. I looked at the properties and.... the
remote control was grayed out and it required user''s permission.

Could it have something to do with GPO's?

Any clue would be helpfull,
Thanks
Lau