XP Home upgrade to Office Pro 2003 ???!

August 20, 2004 11:53:35 AM

I have difficulties to upgrade Office Pro 2003 (English
version)to a XP Home (Spanish version)- What's the heck?

Thanks to you I may have the spare key - Apparently 25 are
not enough :-)
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 2:23:05 PM

Microsoft Office 2003 is not an "operating system". If you meant you
cannot install an English version of Microsoft Office 2003 on a Spanish
version of Windows XP Home Edition, that's because you'll need
a Spanish version of Microsoft Office.

On the other hand, if you meant you cannot upgrade a Spanish version
of Windows XP Home Edition to an English version of Windows XP
Professional, that's because it is not a supported upgrade path. You'll
need to purchase a "Full English Version" of Windows XP Professional
and proceed with a "clean install".

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--