iulibiz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
HI. I wanetd to ask you guys if it is possible to OC my memory. I have 2 sticks of 256 (512 RAM) 3200 latency of 2-3-2-5.
I want to OC because that i believe that My memory is my bottleneck in playing COD 2.. i know that my video card is the major botleneck in playing COD2 but i've put that al the lowest stettings, and i still have some interuptions in my game.
Also have some problems running NFS Most wanted, at lowest settings...my hard drive light is on all the time.........

My rig is: pentium 4 3.0 GHZ, 512 OCZ 2-3-2-5, Ati Radeon Club 9600 PRO 128 ram, 350 PSU (came with the case), 80 GB Western digital.

iulibiz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I know tht 512 is not enogh. That is why i was thinking of overcloking. Wouldn't OC bring a little bit more power from that ram? Just a little bit. I don't have the money to buy more memory right now. And i was thinking of just a little bit more power from my memory, since is the only part in my system that can really be OC-ed nicelly.

RichPLS

Champion
OC it means you would use your HD system cache a bit sooner and that is where the brick wall is...
1 gig RAM is really the min for gaming...imo.
Most current games plus OS resources utilize 1 gig or more...

iulibiz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
WOW so it means that i run under the specs uh? How can i use my HD system cache? Would that help in any way.. or is just futile to try and mod the ram?