Printing to HP DeskJet via TS

Hello,

I was speaking to someone last week who was under the impression that there
is only one model of Hewlett Packard DeskJet (ie. inkjet) printer that is
supported via Terminal Server. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I have a TS user trying to use their local HP DeskJet 6540 USB printer, but
cannot see it in the available printers.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Adrian Robertson
1 answer Last reply
More about printing deskjet
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    In general any printer with a built-in driver on the server OS is supported
    by TS. If the printer is newer than the server OS, or the server OS did not
    ship with the a driver for your printer, then you need to either map it to a
    built-in driver via user defined inf file or install the manufacturer's
    driver (not recommended).Windows Server 2003 SP1 has a fall-back driver which
    can attempt to map the unsupported printer to a built-in driver, however NOT
    all printers are compatible, i.e. host based printers will NOT work with TS,
    unless you're using a EMF Based Universal Driver.

    Info on driver mapping here:
    http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm
    http://www.printingsupport.com

    --
    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    "Adrian Robertson" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I was speaking to someone last week who was under the impression that there
    > is only one model of Hewlett Packard DeskJet (ie. inkjet) printer that is
    > supported via Terminal Server. Does anyone know if this is correct?
    >
    > I have a TS user trying to use their local HP DeskJet 6540 USB printer, but
    > cannot see it in the available printers.
    >
    > Any help or suggestions much appreciated.
    >
    > Adrian Robertson

Hewlett Packard Deskjet Windows