Printing to HP DeskJet via TS

Hello,

I was speaking to someone last week who was under the impression that there
is only one model of Hewlett Packard DeskJet (ie. inkjet) printer that is
supported via Terminal Server. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I have a TS user trying to use their local HP DeskJet 6540 USB printer, but
cannot see it in the available printers.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Adrian Robertson

In general any printer with a built-in driver on the server OS is supported
by TS. If the printer is newer than the server OS, or the server OS did not
ship with the a driver for your printer, then you need to either map it to a
built-in driver via user defined inf file or install the manufacturer's
driver (not recommended).Windows Server 2003 SP1 has a fall-back driver which
can attempt to map the unsupported printer to a built-in driver, however NOT
all printers are compatible, i.e. host based printers will NOT work with TS,
unless you're using a EMF Based Universal Driver.

Info on driver mapping here:
http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm
http://www.printingsupport.com

--