want to buy a new LCD for gaming, Dell UltraSharp 2405F?

giggs_py

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
hey guys, need a new LCD for gaming, and a little bit movie as well. want a 19"+, recently saw the Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW seems like a pretty good deal, around $900, has a good review on pcworld. also the gateway FPD2185W is not bad as well, but only have 1 year warranty though. Dell has 12ms response time and gateway has 8ms, shouldn't be a lot of diff right? or i should go for the 4ms ones? any suggestions?

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
hey guys, need a new LCD for gaming, and a little bit movie as well. want a 19"+, recently saw the Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW seems like a pretty good deal, around $900, has a good review on pcworld. also the gateway FPD2185W is not bad as well, but only have 1 year warranty though. Dell has 12ms response time and gateway has 8ms, shouldn't be a lot of diff right? or i should go for the 4ms ones? any suggestions?

apart from a few backlighting probs with the dell ive heard nothign but good stuff about it.

cheack here http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

giggs_py

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
thanks guys, also, i want to know if the dell can hook up with xbox360? and is the graphic good for xbox360 as well? like HD? or i have to get an HD LCD TV for for that?

RichPLS

Champion
Do you have one too, or just what ya read?

Backlighting is excellent, I turned mine down a bit, since was brighter than I preferred. After slight adjustment, best display of any CRT or LCD monitor seen.
Black levels are pure black too.
Love it, and do not plan on ever having another monitor with less than this one!!!
To have is to behold greatness!

RichPLS

Champion
Movies look great, games are great too. I have played FEAR and Quake 4 at highest quality settings no problems....
Highest I got 3DMark05 is 9550 when first installed, now I get around 9100 with NAV and NIS running...

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Backlighting is excellent, I turned mine down a bit,

erm check it with a black screen all i meant was the cormer or bottom/top of the screen will be brighter some people have complaints that it spills over too much. personnally i am planning to buy the dell very soon,