NTVDM encountered a hard error

Hi everyone,

I'm currently have a few issues with one my clients (40 users) and their
terminal server. Everything runs fine, except for 1 application. They're
running Sol6 (an accounting package I believe), and certain users (who have
the same security access as 80% of the other users) are getting the
following error when trying to load Sol6:
"NTVDM encountered a hard error"

I've been ripping my hair out trying to work out why this is happening.
I've done some testing, and have found that when making one of the affected
users an Administrator or Domain Admin, the error goes away. Obviously,
this is definately not the solution to take.

Anyone have any ideas?

Environment: Windows Svr 2003 TS. PDC - Small Business Server 2000.

Thanks for your time,

Kevin
1 answer Last reply
More about ntvdm encountered hard error
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Run Filemon & Regmon from the server console, logged in as an administrator,
    then logon to a second session with one of the affected accounts and launch
    Solomon. Read the logs from regmon & filemon looking for access denied
    errors.

    http://www.workthin.com/tsdown.htm
    --
    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    "Kevin Storey" wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm currently have a few issues with one my clients (40 users) and their
    > terminal server. Everything runs fine, except for 1 application. They're
    > running Sol6 (an accounting package I believe), and certain users (who have
    > the same security access as 80% of the other users) are getting the
    > following error when trying to load Sol6:
    > "NTVDM encountered a hard error"
    >
    > I've been ripping my hair out trying to work out why this is happening.
    > I've done some testing, and have found that when making one of the affected
    > users an Administrator or Domain Admin, the error goes away. Obviously,
    > this is definately not the solution to take.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Environment: Windows Svr 2003 TS. PDC - Small Business Server 2000.
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    >
    > Kevin

Terminal Server Windows