  • Terminal Server
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 23, 2005 2:06:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm currently have a few issues with one my clients (40 users) and their
terminal server. Everything runs fine, except for 1 application. They're
running Sol6 (an accounting package I believe), and certain users (who have
the same security access as 80% of the other users) are getting the
following error when trying to load Sol6:
"NTVDM encountered a hard error"

I've been ripping my hair out trying to work out why this is happening.
I've done some testing, and have found that when making one of the affected
users an Administrator or Domain Admin, the error goes away. Obviously,
this is definately not the solution to take.

Anyone have any ideas?

Environment: Windows Svr 2003 TS. PDC - Small Business Server 2000.

Thanks for your time,

Kevin

More about : ntvdm encountered hard error

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 2:06:10 PM

Run Filemon & Regmon from the server console, logged in as an administrator,
then logon to a second session with one of the affected accounts and launch
Solomon. Read the logs from regmon & filemon looking for access denied
errors.

http://www.workthin.com/tsdown.htm
--
Patrick Rouse