frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Looking to buy a photo printer. It's very confusing with all the choices
out there. What looks interesting to me is the Canon iP8500. Does anyone
have this printer that can provide some feed back, pro cons, etc.?

"Frank" <duzenski@snet.net> wrote in message
> Looking to buy a photo printer. It's very confusing with all the choices
> out there. What looks interesting to me is the Canon iP8500. Does anyone
> have this printer that can provide some feed back, pro cons, etc.?

the steves digicams reviews found the colour accuracy wanting in the skin
tones department. too much red. The last years i series 6 and 8 colour
printers faired much better.

In article Mr Jessop says...
> the steves digicams reviews found the colour accuracy wanting in the skin
> tones department. too much red. The last years i series 6 and 8 colour
> printers faired much better.

Perhaps you are thinking of the photo-i review?

"colinco" <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote in message
> In article Mr Jessop says...
>> the steves digicams reviews found the colour accuracy wanting in the skin
>> tones department. too much red. The last years i series 6 and 8 colour
>> printers faired much better.
>>
> Perhaps you are thinking of the photo-i review?

might be ;)

All in all i've been put off buying a pixma. I think neil slade advocates i
series over pixma too.