VPN software & Setup: Need suggestions please.

Hello;

Here's my situation: First time setting up a VPN. 1 PC that is
acting like a 'server' for an accounting firm. Two employees are
moving to another city and would like to work from home. They require
access to this PC (server) which contains all of the accounting
application data files.

Both server and client machines are using windows XP with a DSL
(Sympatico)connection on the server side and Cable (Cogeco) on the
client side.

1. What software applications would you recommend for such a setup?
2. I've been looking at the D-Link DI-804V
(http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=65) Broadband VPN Router... what
do you think?

Thank you in advance, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Take alook at Cisco's 3005 vpn switch..

tom@htcs.cjb.net (Tom S.) wrote:

>Hello;
>
>Here's my situation: First time setting up a VPN. 1 PC that is
>acting like a 'server' for an accounting firm. Two employees are
>moving to another city and would like to work from home. They require
>access to this PC (server) which contains all of the accounting
>application data files.
>
>Both server and client machines are using windows XP with a DSL
>(Sympatico)connection on the server side and Cable (Cogeco) on the
>client side.
>
>1. What software applications would you recommend for such a setup?
>2. I've been looking at the D-Link DI-804V
>(http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=65) Broadband VPN Router... what
>do you think?
>
>Thank you in advance, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You may try TheGreenBow VPN Client, which is able to do Point-to-point vpn,
as well as point-to Gateway.

Link : www.thegreenbow.com
30 day evaluation version available from there.