RDC Client get black screen lockup connecting to terminal ..

I'm getting a black screen on the RDC window after I minimize the screen for
a few minutes. I'm running Windows XP with all the latest SP's and patches
connecting to a Windows 2003 server with all the latest SP's and patches.
Sometimes the RDC window just locks up for a few minutes, other times it is
just completely black and I have to close out of RDC and re-initiate a
connection in order to get back on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about client black screen lockup connecting terminal
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Enable keep-alives, as your router is likely terminating the idle connection
    because there is no traffic between the TS & RDP Client while the session is
    minimized.

    http://terminal.servebeer.com/php/flaky_connections.php

    --
    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    "Matt" wrote:

    > I'm getting a black screen on the RDC window after I minimize the screen for
    > a few minutes. I'm running Windows XP with all the latest SP's and patches
    > connecting to a Windows 2003 server with all the latest SP's and patches.
    > Sometimes the RDC window just locks up for a few minutes, other times it is
    > just completely black and I have to close out of RDC and re-initiate a
    > connection in order to get back on.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you.
  2. We had this issue on a win7 machine(s) connecting to Win 2008 Server.
    Here is the reg hack, it does work (deployed on over 150 machines)
    Enjoy

    http://yevgenyzharovsky.blogspot.com/2012/09/terminal-server-black-screen-after.html

    Hope you find it helpful.

    matt said:

    I'm getting a black screen on the RDC window after I minimize the screen for
    a few minutes. I'm running Windows XP with all the latest SP's and patches
    connecting to a Windows 2003 server with all the latest SP's and patches.
    Sometimes the RDC window just locks up for a few minutes, other times it is
    just completely black and I have to close out of RDC and re-initiate a
    connection in order to get back on.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thank you.

Terminal Windows Server 2003 Windows