RDC Client get black screen lockup connecting to terminal ..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 24, 2005 4:43:10 PM

I'm getting a black screen on the RDC window after I minimize the screen for
a few minutes. I'm running Windows XP with all the latest SP's and patches
connecting to a Windows 2003 server with all the latest SP's and patches.
Sometimes the RDC window just locks up for a few minutes, other times it is
just completely black and I have to close out of RDC and re-initiate a
connection in order to get back on.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:20:02 AM

Enable keep-alives, as your router is likely terminating the idle connection
because there is no traffic between the TS & RDP Client while the session is
minimized.

http://terminal.servebeer.com/php/flaky_connections.php

--
Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Matt" wrote:

> I'm getting a black screen on the RDC window after I minimize the screen for
> a few minutes. I'm running Windows XP with all the latest SP's and patches
> connecting to a Windows 2003 server with all the latest SP's and patches.
> Sometimes the RDC window just locks up for a few minutes, other times it is
> just completely black and I have to close out of RDC and re-initiate a
> connection in order to get back on.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thank you.
September 11, 2012 8:37:15 PM

We had this issue on a win7 machine(s) connecting to Win 2008 Server.
Here is the reg hack, it does work (deployed on over 150 machines)
Enjoy

http://yevgenyzharovsky.blogspot.com/2012/09/terminal-s...

Hope you find it helpful.

!