Left Handed Mouse Button

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 28, 2005 2:28:58 PM

Running Windows 2003 Terminal Services in Application mode in a thinclient
environment with roaming profiles. One of the users is left handed and
needs the mouse button controls to be configured with left handed buttons.
Is this a per server or per user setting? How can I accommodate this user?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marlon
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 5:45:23 PM

It's a Per User setting.

What we have done is to configure a GPO which gives users access to
only a specific applet in the Control Panel: mouse.cpl.
That way, they can configure there own individual mouse settings,
left-right handed, how fast a double-click should be, etc.

User Configuration - Administrative templates - Control Panel
"Show only specified Control Panel applets"
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"Marlon Velasco" <mvelasco@mindspring.com> wrote on 28 jun 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Running Windows 2003 Terminal Services in Application mode in a
> thinclient environment with roaming profiles. One of the users
> is left handed and needs the mouse button controls to be
> configured with left handed buttons. Is this a per server or per
> user setting? How can I accommodate this user?
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Marlon
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:55:24 PM

thanks for the info, this is extremely helpful.

Marlon

!