Left Handed Mouse Button

Running Windows 2003 Terminal Services in Application mode in a thinclient
environment with roaming profiles. One of the users is left handed and
needs the mouse button controls to be configured with left handed buttons.
Is this a per server or per user setting? How can I accommodate this user?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marlon
2 answers Last reply
More about left handed mouse button
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    It's a Per User setting.

    What we have done is to configure a GPO which gives users access to
    only a specific applet in the Control Panel: mouse.cpl.
    That way, they can configure there own individual mouse settings,
    left-right handed, how fast a double-click should be, etc.

    User Configuration - Administrative templates - Control Panel
    "Show only specified Control Panel applets"
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

    "Marlon Velasco" <mvelasco@mindspring.com> wrote on 28 jun 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

    > Running Windows 2003 Terminal Services in Application mode in a
    > thinclient environment with roaming profiles. One of the users
    > is left handed and needs the mouse button controls to be
    > configured with left handed buttons. Is this a per server or per
    > user setting? How can I accommodate this user?
    >
    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Marlon
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    thanks for the info, this is extremely helpful.

    Marlon

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
    > It's a Per User setting.
    >
    > What we have done is to configure a GPO which gives users access to
    > only a specific applet in the Control Panel: mouse.cpl.
    > That way, they can configure there own individual mouse settings,
    > left-right handed, how fast a double-click should be, etc.
    >
    > User Configuration - Administrative templates - Control Panel
    > "Show only specified Control Panel applets"
    > Vera Noest
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > ___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___
    >
    > "Marlon Velasco" <mvelasco@mindspring.com> wrote on 28 jun 2005 in
    > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
    >
    > > Running Windows 2003 Terminal Services in Application mode in a
    > > thinclient environment with roaming profiles. One of the users
    > > is left handed and needs the mouse button controls to be
    > > configured with left handed buttons. Is this a per server or per
    > > user setting? How can I accommodate this user?
    > >
    > > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Marlon

Mice Windows Server 2003 Windows