User CAL together with thin client

Is it possible to use User CAL for teminal server 2003 together with thin
client computers?
I have a problem to get a connection with my thin clients.
Maybee they must have a Device CAL for connection?

Best Regards
Mikael

No, either Per User or Per Device should work.
Which Events do you see in the EventLog on the TS?

Have you updated the thin clients with the latest firmware?

Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrYWVs?= <Mikael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
04 jul 2005:

> Is it possible to use User CAL for teminal server 2003 together
> with thin client computers?
> I have a problem to get a connection with my thin clients.
> Maybee they must have a Device CAL for connection?
>
> Best Regards
> Mikael

Than you Vera for your answer.
Today I have tried a new thin client and that one works fine.
The old one is a Microstar MS-5204, does anyone know if it´s possible to
find a firmware that works with Terminal server 2003?

Mikael

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> No, either Per User or Per Device should work.
> Which Events do you see in the EventLog on the TS?
>
> Have you updated the thin clients with the latest firmware?

> Vera Noest
> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>
> =?Utf-8?B?TWlrYWVs?= <Mikael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
> 04 jul 2005:
>
> > Is it possible to use User CAL for teminal server 2003 together
> > with thin client computers?
> > I have a problem to get a connection with my thin clients.
> > Maybee they must have a Device CAL for connection?
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Mikael

TRENDING THREADS