Additional keystrokes in terminal session

Hi,

When typing in a terminal session, one remote user gets an additional "^"
character inserted between the other keystrokes. This character does not
appear when the user is not typing, but always appears while typing at a
fixed interval of about 5 seconds.

e.g. when typing quickly, it looks like
eeeeeeeeee^eeeeeeeeee^eeeeeeeeee^eeeeee , when typing slowly it looks like
eee^eee^eee^ee , when not typing, nothing appears.

I tried with XP's built in remote desktop client, W2000 terminal client and
the ActiveX client. It appears in all applications (I tried using Word -
notepad - Excel - command prompt).

When connecting to another W2000 terminal server, the problem does not show.
So it is only from 1 particular client (XP SP2) to 1 particular server
(W2000 SP4).

Maybe a solution has been posted before, but I cannot convince Google to
include the ^ character in my search results ...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Wim

That sounds really weird!
Have you replaced the keyboard? We have occasionally all kinds of
irratic bahaviour with both mice and keyboards, which only happen
in TS sessions, never locally. It's worth a try.

Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"WvH" <wim.vanhaver@skynet.be> wrote on 04 jul 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client: