Imgnryflagdotcom

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
I've been thinking of building a new pC (First build) to replace my Dell Dimension 8200 I got 5 years ago. I was about to order the parts when it came to my knowledge that there will be loads of new technology coming out in Q2 and Q3 of 2006, namely AMD's AM2 socket and Direct X10 from Microsoft. I was just wondering wether I should build a PC now or wait until these new technologies and software comes out to build a new PC.

Just wanting your expert opinons.

Oh, and Basically, all I know right now is that socket AM2 will be coming out in Q2, does anybody know when we can see Direct X10 video cards?

5u1c1d47m0nk3y

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I just posted this in a thread like two seconds ago and I think it fits this thread also.
One thing you have to learn is that in the computer hardware department it is never a good time to buy anything. There is always somthing bigger and better just around the corner. It is a rather nasty cycle of always upgrading to be put out by somthing else and upgrading again. The is the way the computer maket is designed.

DuxSyagrius

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
I agree with hungry. Its never a good time.But since you have waited 5 years, what is another 6 mos right? I dont not think 939 parts will get cheaper as long as they stay competetive with the new M2 parts. I seem to remember S754 parts staying relatively high in price until the venice core came out. As long as there are people with low end 939 users out there who dont want to swtich mobos, high end 939 chips will remain at a relatively high price. So pick your poison. naturally, if you wait, you will get something better. But I wouldnt hold my breath for some big bargains. High end northwoods are still expensive compared to the newer 775 parts. S754 is cheap now cuz there is no interest in that platform. But if you look closely, many chips being sold are used.... the original boxed chips still cost a shiny nickel or two.

TRENDING THREADS