network address help

August 20, 2004 3:46:03 PM

I have to network two computers with a crossover cable to get data off an
old machine and onto XP-Pro. NetBIOS isn't installed in XP, so... could
someone give me an IP and subnet mask that I can use for these machines? I
have looked in network books and have not clearly seen what I need.

--
Michael Hobbs
Minneapolis, Minnesota

More about : network address

Anonymous
August 22, 2004 6:30:01 PM

Back up.

What is the other OS involved? Use of NetBIOS isn't required, but you really
do have it installed on XP. It's not an option. As long as the other machine
is 98 or better and DHCP is enabled on both sides with F&P sharing enabled
and bound to the NICs then the systems will default to APIPA.

--
Walter Clayton - MS MVP(WinXP)
Associate Expert

!