Linksys 8 port VPN router

Last response: in Networking
April 22, 2004 4:51:21 PM

I had a chance to talk to senior tech in Linksys and he strongly
recommended to me to switch to RV082 8 port VPN router, instead of
using BEFSR81 because we are having problem using BEFSR81 with VPN and
there have been other problems, too.

Has anyone used RV082? How is it, except the fact that this offers
simulatinous 8 VPN connection?

Is there any compatibility issue with Nortel VPN Contivity Client?

I am willing to purchase this, if this is actually better in many ways
because we need to use Linksys wireless router together.

Do you guys have any recommendation on 8 port VPN router that will not
have compatibility problem with Linksys B wireless router, VPN, and
SAP? We cannot afford more than $300.

Is there any other way to access this group, except going to google
group, since it takes hours to see new postings? Any help would be
appreciated.
April 23, 2004 12:28:36 AM

<$.02>
i recently tried out just about every brand of low cost vpn router. i gotta
say that i like the netgear fvs318 the best. however, there are a lot of
people here who like zywall by zyxel. sadly, i never got to try one of them.
</$.02>

"graphicdesign00" <graphicdesign00@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I had a chance to talk to senior tech in Linksys and he strongly
> recommended to me to switch to RV082 8 port VPN router, instead of
> using BEFSR81 because we are having problem using BEFSR81 with VPN and
> there have been other problems, too.
>
> Has anyone used RV082? How is it, except the fact that this offers
> simulatinous 8 VPN connection?
>
> Is there any compatibility issue with Nortel VPN Contivity Client?
>
> I am willing to purchase this, if this is actually better in many ways
> because we need to use Linksys wireless router together.
>
> Do you guys have any recommendation on 8 port VPN router that will not
> have compatibility problem with Linksys B wireless router, VPN, and
> SAP? We cannot afford more than $300.
>
> Is there any other way to access this group, except going to google
> group, since it takes hours to see new postings? Any help would be
> appreciated.
April 23, 2004 12:37:15 AM

On 22 Apr 2004 12:51:21 -0700, graphicdesign00@hotmail.com
(graphicdesign00) wrote:

>I had a chance to talk to senior tech in Linksys and he strongly
>recommended to me to switch to RV082 8 port VPN router, instead of
>using BEFSR81 because we are having problem using BEFSR81 with VPN and
>there have been other problems, too.

They have been having problems with that 8-port router for the past 3
years. The 4-port works, but the 8-port has different firmware.

Get a ZyWall. Check www.shopper.com and others for the best price -
around $150 delivered for the ZyWall.

--

Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

"You can all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
--David Crockett
!