Alps and Germany

Hello all

I am finally returning after long absence from the fs world and am looking
for the best add-on sceneries and mesh for Germany and Switzerland.
There are at least 3 Swiss products I have noted and at least 20 for Germany
if I count all the aerosoft and Gap products.
However, the Swiss products are really expensive, which I don't mind too
much if the product is up to it, and the German ( especially GAP) products
don't seem to be too clear as to which is the most complete/latest/etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all
Happy simming

GREGORY

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:03:10 +0200, "Eddie Henry"
<eddie.henry@t-online.de> brought the following to our attention:

>Hello all
>
>I am finally returning after long absence from the fs world and am looking
>for the best add-on sceneries and mesh for Germany and Switzerland.
>There are at least 3 Swiss products I have noted and at least 20 for Germany
>if I count all the aerosoft and Gap products.
>However, the Swiss products are really expensive, which I don't mind too
>much if the product is up to it, and the German ( especially GAP) products
>don't seem to be too clear as to which is the most complete/latest/etc.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks all
>Happy simming

there's several good freeware scenery downloads for German and Swiss
(Alps) terrain.. check the following..

Germany mesh:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=mesh+germany&Sort=Added&ScanMode=1&Go=Change+View

Alps mesh:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=42384

Germany land class:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=germany+landclass&Sort=Added&ScanMode=1&Go=Change+View

Swiss land class:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=switzerland+landclass&Sort=Added&ScanMode=1&Go=Change+View

and now even the airfield at Sion works and looks marvelous!!!

-Gregory

Thanks a million for that!

I'm in download mode now.....!

Cheers
Eddie

I would certainly recommend Switzerland Professional and Real Germany 3.
The Swiss product especially is excellent. Buying both gives contiguous
coverage across Lake Constance.

The only problem is finding decent airports for Switzerland. Flylogic make
some but they are IMO overpriced and poor quality compared to others.

"Eddie Henry" <eddie.henry@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I am finally returning after long absence from the fs world and am looking
> for the best add-on sceneries and mesh for Germany and Switzerland.
> There are at least 3 Swiss products I have noted and at least 20 for
> Germany
> if I count all the aerosoft and Gap products.
> However, the Swiss products are really expensive, which I don't mind too
> much if the product is up to it, and the German ( especially GAP) products
> don't seem to be too clear as to which is the most complete/latest/etc.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks all
> Happy simming

GREGORY

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:00:37 +0200, "Eddie Henry"
<eddie.henry@t-online.de> brought the following to our attention:

>Thanks a million for that!
>
>I'm in download mode now.....!
>
>Cheers

Eddie.. went and dug into the above files and noticed a couple updates
...and rearranged / organized the scenery some as well. then went for a
trip from Sion, over to Geneva, and turned easterly towards Zurich.
about 2/3 the way.. saw some lakes off to the right at base of Alps
and turned 085 for some photos.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Swiss_.jpg (352k)

Then over Lak Walen descending for visual into Innsbruck Rwy8.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Innsb_02.jpg (185k)

It's not FS9.. but still having tonnes of fun and enjoyment exploring
the world. Scenery is wonderful..!!

-Gregory

Thanks you guys...
That looks really great!

I will let you know how it gets on...

Cheers all
Eddie

"Jon Silk" <jon@silk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>I would certainly recommend Switzerland Professional and Real Germany 3.
>The Swiss product especially is excellent. Buying both gives contiguous
>coverage across Lake Constance.

Switzerland Pro is summer only, but is it also only daytime textures?

GREGORY

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:17:50 +0200, "Stephen F."
<ferguson@NOJUNKbluewin.ch> brought the following to our attention:

>"Jon Silk" <jon@silk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>I would certainly recommend Switzerland Professional and Real Germany 3.
>>The Swiss product especially is excellent. Buying both gives contiguous
>>coverage across Lake Constance.
>>

>Switzerland Pro is summer only, but is it also only daytime textures?

that's a good question to raise.. night textures certainly do make a
difference. MS doesn't prove easy to create a list of what regions
have -lm textures. One must cut a table out of HTM files. All this is
involved in the study of terrain textures.

So.. while not answering the specific question of SP.. here's the
process of `previewing' the terrain textures described aGaiN..
including NIGHT and WATER bitmaps. First presented is the
preview folder structure (notice suffix is date):

Dir of F:\FS2002\SCENEDB\World\Texture\- preview 2005 0309

<DIR> - lm NIGHT
<DIR> - wa WATER

<DIR> fa FALL
<DIR> hw HARD WINTER
<DIR> sp SPRING
<DIR> su SUMMER
<DIR> wi WINTER

You could then copy the terrain BMPS into appropriate folder by using
the SEARCH function (right mouse button). Then download Convim and
make preview JPGs (85%) in each folder. Lastly delete the BMPs which
are in encoded in DXT1.

http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/convim.htm

Now it's easy to view and study the textures.. especially the LM
(night) textures. You'll soon notice the difference in night graphic
and in ALL the terrain files!!

-Gregory

Hi all

..... the Alps are now a beautiful place.....

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:03:10 +0200, "Eddie Henry"
> <eddie.henry@t-online.de> brought the following to our attention:
>
> >Hello all
> >
> >I am finally returning after long absence from the fs world and am
looking
> >for the best add-on sceneries and mesh for Germany and Switzerland.
> >There are at least 3 Swiss products I have noted and at least 20 for
Germany
> >if I count all the aerosoft and Gap products.
> >However, the Swiss products are really expensive, which I don't mind too
> >much if the product is up to it, and the German ( especially GAP)
products
> >don't seem to be too clear as to which is the most complete/latest/etc.
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks all
> >Happy simming
> >

> there's several good freeware scenery downloads for German and Swiss
> (Alps) terrain.. check the following..
>

> Germany mesh:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=mesh+germany&Sort=Added&ScanMode=1&Go=Change+View

> Alps mesh:
> http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=42384
>

> Germany land class:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=germany+landclass&Sort=Added&ScanMode=1&Go=Change+View

> Swiss land class:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=switzerland+landclass&Sort=Added&ScanMode=1&Go=Change+View

> and now even the airfield at Sion works and looks marvelous!!!
>

> -Gregory

Yes, it is just summer daytime textures. But then who'd want to do VFR
flying any other time? ;-)

> Yes, it is just summer daytime textures. But then who'd want to do VFR
> flying any other time? ;-)

I bought a nice little scenery update for the region around Bolzano/Trento
and it included night textures. While I agree that VFR in the middle of
night isn't so exciting, unless there are motorways to follow, dusk and dawn
are really nice times if you have textures to simulate ground lighting.

> "Stephen F." <ferguson@NOJUNKbluewin.ch> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jon Silk" <jon@silk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>I would certainly recommend Switzerland Professional and Real Germany 3.
>>>The Swiss product especially is excellent. Buying both gives contiguous
>>>coverage across Lake Constance.
>>>

>> Switzerland Pro is summer only, but is it also only daytime textures?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jan Berg wrote:
> "Jon Silk" wrote:
>

>>[..]
>>The only problem is finding decent airports for Switzerland. Flylogic
>>make some but they are IMO overpriced and poor quality compared to others.
>

> http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004/switzerland.php
>
> Some are really nice (Bern - BELP f.i.)
>
> Jan

AAkkkkkkk More to download. :)

PS - AAkkkkkk is not from Charlie Brown, it's from that funny looking
character, NOT that I look like him.... :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)