Where to set the policies? On the Domain Controller AD or ..

Hello,

This always seems to confuse me when I'm trying to configure these sorts of
things ...

I have 2x Windows Server 2003 machines. The 1st one is more or less just a
File Server, but also is the Domain Controller and thus, has all of the
Active Directory setup. Within this I have several Organisational Groups
with various Group Policies applied.

I have a 2nd Windows Server 2003 machine which is used as a Terminal Server.
When I want to control TS specific settings, such as what to do with
"Disconnected Sessions", "Active but Idle Sessions", or "Time Zone
Redirection", should I be applying the settings to the Group Policies on the
Domain Controller, or to the Local Computer Policy on the TS Server, or
should I be doing something else?

I seem to have varying degrees of success with some of the policies I am
trying to create/maintain ...

Adrian Robertson

You have the most options when applying these via GPO assigned to an OU which
contains the TS Computer Object (not the user accounts), and the Loopback
Policy Processing option enabled.

http://www.workthin.com/tshta.htm

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server