How Important Is It To Flash Bios?

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
I have an ASUS P5GDC Deluxe Motherboard and I have Bios 1.06 and the latest is 1.11. How important is it to stay up to date with bios? I mean I know that it can have importance if your having PC trouble and what not but then again if you hit the wrong button you may end up buying a whole new motherboard. What do you all think about it? Thanks!

krazyIvan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2006
That’s a large difference, I would recommend flashing, but if you aren’t having any problems others might recommend not.
One thing you can do is to look on the web site and see what each rev. changed and if any of those changes apply to you.

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
One thing you can do is to look on the web site and see what each rev. changed and if any of those changes apply to you.

Very good advice my friend...

Me, personally, I've updated the BIOS on every single motherboard ive ever owned (since the advent of the internet "well since we've all had easy access" and web sites to download the BIOS updates from)

Did I need to? ... Nope
I never have had issues that required me to do so, I'm just an update freak
Do I think it's important to update your BIOS? (my opinion) only if you have issues that the BIOS update will fix.

RE-READ the actual update (MAKE sure its the one for your motherboard) tripple check if ya have to - have a friend look at it if you aren't possitive

I have yet to mess up a motherboard by BIOS flashing

just as a small side note - google "Belarc Advisor" its gives pretty good info on your software and hardware (including exact Motherboard name and Revision #) that may help you prevent muckin somthin up

novak

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
Yea see I was told before that if I don't need to update then don't because ya know atleast ya know you have no chance to F**** anything up but I'll admit I'm like you, I'm an update freak and if I can have it updated I would like too :D Thanks for your help