Sign in with
Your question

Any Cool Case Mods

Last response: in Components
January 17, 2006 3:15:56 AM

Hey, I was just wondering what you have all done to your PC's in the way of lights and light mods. I have a Thermaltake blue LED HSF, 2 Thermaltake blue light LED HS's, a pair of 2 12" bright ass cathode's, a blue 80mm LED fan and a Blue PSU. hmmmm could he like blue? I was just wondering what have you all done to mod your cases and what not. Thanks

More about : cool case mods

Related resources
January 17, 2006 10:12:59 PM

hehe no

stuff like THIS owns. but no normal person would have the time or energy, if you search on google there are some great ideas out there for cases and case lighting.
January 17, 2006 10:32:07 PM

Well Im Running An XOXIDE Acrylic Case With Blue LED 80mm FANs And A Blue Lighted 450Watt Modualr Pre-Sleeved Power Supply, But I Plan On Doing More.... Want Some PICS Just Ask Me And Gimme Your E-Mail......Hmmmmm, Coul I Like Blue Also?
January 17, 2006 10:37:21 PM

Quote:
stuff like THIS owns. but no normal person would have the time or energy, if you search on google there are some great ideas out there for cases and case lighting.

Thats amazing, looks class!
January 18, 2006 12:55:53 AM

I spray painted the inside of my Lian Li case (can't remember the model no) black, and took out the harddrive caddy to make room for my internal watercooling setup. Oh, and I don't run it with the window panel.
January 18, 2006 9:45:14 AM

i had a 120 volt fan attached to my case once, it was one of those fans that you use in cooker hoods...i can post a pic if you want(big pic)
January 18, 2006 9:59:37 AM

That system must have run nice and cool 8)
January 18, 2006 4:46:15 PM

I bet he needed to insulate to keep condensation killing the hardware :twisted:
January 18, 2006 8:41:48 PM

Quote:
It's actually a 170x150mm. You can find details of that in my 'industrial fan' thread.

Some sharpening and lowering its power consumption is all it needs now.(2A on 12V ain't fun)

Sounds interesting :roll: pictures please:?: :?: :?: :D 
January 18, 2006 9:55:10 PM

first sorry for the very big picture but here was the 110v fan i was using that thing on the back was the industrial fuse :D  , cause in uk we have a 240v main supply and it ran at 110v. this was in my old 2100+, 5900xt machine.

EDIT

ok so this board shrinks it.
January 19, 2006 12:07:56 AM

Thumbnailing rocks. Anyway, man, I'd hate to get my finger caught in there :oops: 
January 19, 2006 1:05:03 AM

So did you have to bolt is down to the desk to keep it from flying away?
That case it really close to the wall, I dont see how you plug anything in.
Is it noisy?
January 19, 2006 2:34:51 AM

I Plan On Upgrading To The 2.2GHz Dual-Core Opteron Soon Along With This Liquid Cooling Kit..... http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-tide-water-cl-w0052.h... And Im Gonna Modify It With A CPU Water-Block And Some Clear Tubing (Will Look Great In My Acrylic Case w/Blue LED Fans) I Plan On Using It To Overclock The CPU (Opteron) Not The GPU Thats Why Im Modifying It, Im Gonna Use The Kit Blue-Dyed Mineral Oil Possibly. And Custom Cut Fan Grills Of My Own Unique Design (I Im Also Gonna Look For A Way To Use A LED Or Something To Make The "Special" Coolant Glow. Any Ideas?) And I Need A Water Block Reccomended To Me. Any Suggestions?
January 19, 2006 8:51:33 AM

Quote:
You'd get much better airflow if you cut out the grill at the back and replace it with a proper grill.

I had to use fly mesh as my grill since there aren't any 150mm ones.

yeah i know i never go round to doing that, was gonna take one of thoses disk cutting tool things to it(the ones that you put a bolt through and tighten till both sides meet, they do perfect round holes, forgot there name lol).

i pushed it back against the wall to get a good photo.
January 19, 2006 9:31:17 AM

looks good flakes :wink: i like it.
As mentioned above ,you are reducing its effect by not creating a proper grill to allow it exhaust the air, left like this some of the air ould be hitting the restrictive space and bouncing back tus crateing turbulence and this can defeat thm which you are trying to achive by disrupting the flow pattern. try to make a proper grill as soon as possible.

I like you ideas.

@ wusy

where is your own pic :?: :?: post it ASAP coz the pic request was actually ment for you.
January 19, 2006 9:47:10 AM

Any Suggestions On My Ida?.... And Do You Guys Like The Idea?
January 20, 2006 7:36:50 PM

borrow one, use a mobilephone, use a webcam shot anything just post it . common dont give the "i dont have a digital cam story" and use your intuition.

(BTW if its sold its no longer yours)
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2006 8:10:31 PM

Quote:
(BTW if its sold its no longer yours)
It's not sold. He left the window open and it flew away...
January 20, 2006 10:09:03 PM

yeah right :roll:
!