Does SP-2 contain SP-1(a)?

My new computer is being delivered today and I have to load XP. My XP CD was
sold prior to SP-1 / SP-1a so I have to manually load it. Does the SP-2 file
(which I have already downloaded) contain SP-1(a) or do I have to install
them separately?

Thanks,
Cooter

SP2 replaces SP1/SP1a in its entirety, therefore do not
install SP1 or SP1a before installing SP2.

Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
(integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

Information on AutoStreamer 1.0
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=188337&st=0&#entry245

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Cooter" wrote:

| My new computer is being delivered today and I have to load XP. My XP CD was
| sold prior to SP-1 / SP-1a so I have to manually load it. Does the SP-2 file
| (which I have already downloaded) contain SP-1(a) or do I have to install
| them separately?
|
| Thanks,
| Cooter

Gordon

"Cooter" <cooter8@msn.com> wrote in message
> My new computer is being delivered today and I have to load XP. My XP CD
> was
> sold prior to SP-1 / SP-1a so I have to manually load it. Does the SP-2
> file
> (which I have already downloaded) contain SP-1(a) or do I have to install
> them separately?
>
> Thanks,
> Cooter

SP2 contains all the SP1 fixes.

"Cooter" <cooter8@msn.com> wrote:

>My new computer is being delivered today and I have to load XP. My XP CD was
>sold prior to SP-1 / SP-1a so I have to manually load it. Does the SP-2 file
>(which I have already downloaded) contain SP-1(a) or do I have to install
>them separately?

The SP2 in the full 256 MB version does contain all previous patches
including SP1.

--
(tm)