2003 Terminal Services Connectivity

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

have a single win2k3 Terminal Server and it has issued a number of
temporary licenses. Have recently installed a 5 user cal pack (and
have changed the TS configuration from device to user).

I have one user who is able to connect as his temporary license is
still valid, and he connects via a VPN, however any attempt from my
Win2k Svr (non VPN)fails as the previously issued temporary license
has expired and consequently removed from the temporary licenses
matrix. Any connection attemp made with either Terminal Services
Client or RDP fails/times out.

I have also attempted to telnet into port 3389 of the external IP
address and this fails too.

I do have a hardware NAT firewall in place, however the required port
redirection to the LAN IP for 3389 to the local TServer is in place.

I have performed a netstat -an and it only notes one occurrence of
3389 as such
TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 0.0.0.0 LISTENING

Any local attempts to connect the the Tserver are successful. Am I
correct in thinking that it may be my router/firewall?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Have overcome problem - was with router!

TRENDING THREADS