HP 1220 CSE Cleaning?

My printer won't print anything but light paper anymore- not photo
glossy because its so gummed up or the rollers aren't pulling the
paper through anymore. Anyone know where I can get info on how and
where to clean it? It seems the feeding rollers are hidden. Do I
need to take the printer apart?

Anyone have a link to a cleaning/repair manual? I checked google and
I got nowhere.

Thanks!

"inquiring mind" <fotoobscura@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My printer won't print anything but light paper anymore- not photo
> glossy because its so gummed up or the rollers aren't pulling the
> paper through anymore. Anyone know where I can get info on how and
> where to clean it? It seems the feeding rollers are hidden.

You can remove the rear access panel (with the large knob in the center) which
will expose the back half of the rollers. Clean the rollers with a damp lint
free cloth ( a coffee filter works well), then carefully rotate the rollers to
expose more of the surface. When replacing the access panel make sure it is
firmly put into place and locked in position.

Regards,

I have the 1220c and the only way I could find to clean the rollers is
through the rear paper feed. You can unlock that and remove it and you can
just get at the rollers.

There is a microswitch in a small hole in the side where the rear paper
guide fits in, so you will have to find something that will jam in there
while you clean.

Then in true contortionist fashion you have to hold your cleaning agent
against the rollers while switching the printer off and on.

Hope this is of some help.

The 1220 printer was never good a heavy photopaper feeding and the paper
feed slot at the back is a joke, why they didn't make a decent job of it
fails me.

David.

"inquiring mind" <fotoobscura@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My printer won't print anything but light paper anymore- not photo
> glossy because its so gummed up or the rollers aren't pulling the
> paper through anymore. Anyone know where I can get info on how and
> where to clean it? It seems the feeding rollers are hidden. Do I
> need to take the printer apart?
>
> Anyone have a link to a cleaning/repair manual? I checked google and
> I got nowhere.
>
> Thanks!

Thanks Bob.

Unfortunately the printer is worse off than that. It is in the
beginning stages of feeding (after the first "take in" roller) where
after it pulls the paper about 1/2" and then proceeds to start
printing but won't feed the paper. Its only only thicker paper,
regular 20# works fine.

ANy other thoughts? I don't mind taking it apart, I'd just like to
have a cleaning manual or something online before I do it. I did some
searching but came up with very little actual cleaning/maintenance
information regarding the printer.

Thanks!