Which imaging program is best/easiest - Acronis, Casper, etc

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Norton
  • Windows XP
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 17, 2006 6:19:33 AM

I was wondering if anyone with experience using multiple imaging/cloning programs has any input on which one is best - Norton Ghost, Acronis True Image 9, Casper XP, etc.

I'm looking mainly for ease of use on cloning, and maybe also incremental backup.

More about : imaging program easiest acronis casper

January 17, 2006 12:01:02 PM

I use Acronis, as do all my customers, and swear by it.

Ease of use, fast, and it has the incremental you're looking for.
January 19, 2006 9:13:37 AM

I first tried using the DiscWizard software that came with the drive. That didn't quite work though - when botting with the new drive, explorer.exe kept crashing. Everything would work fine and I could run programs by going to Task Manager>File>Run, but Windows itself didn't really work.

Then I got Acronis and used that, and everything works great now :D  It was faster too.
Related resources
January 23, 2006 10:41:32 PM

I like Paragon Exact Image or Drive Backup.

They are very similar programs, but Drive Backup has more advanced features. Exact Image is a powerful program as well but it caters to beginners with a streamlined UI and very simple wizards.

Acronis is also very good. I really don't have anything bad to say about either suite.
January 11, 2009 2:32:46 PM

I have tried Paragon, Acronis and Casper. My final decision was to buy Casper. It is simple to use and works. I back up everything to another HD including my operating system. Recently my primary drive took a complete dump. All I did was go into the bios at boot up and change to the boot drive to the secondary HD; the system booted, nothing/nothing was lost. No down time, no boot disks, etc. just change the drive boot.

Tom Dadian