Terminal Service has ended the connection

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

We use Terminal services on a server running Windows 2000
Server. I have installed the client software on my pc at
home. When I try to open the connection, a message comes
back saying terminal server has closed the connection. I
was checking the service because I had another user who
installed the client software from home and he was issued
a temporary license. When his 90 days expired, the server
did not issue him a permanent license. I thought maybe the
problem was we were out of licenses. Well after installing
on my pc at home and not connecting, I checked the
licenses on the server and my pc was issued a permanent
license. Microsoft troubleshooting stated I could up the
concurrent connections but the setting is already at
unlimited connections. Does anyone know something I could
try or the resolution to this? The other user is also
getting the same message about closing the connection.

Thanks,

E. Rea

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Is there anything in the EventLog on the TS when you try to connect?
Which OS do you run on your client PC?

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"E Rea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> We use Terminal services on a server running Windows 2000
> Server. I have installed the client software on my pc at
> home. When I try to open the connection, a message comes
> back saying terminal server has closed the connection. I
> was checking the service because I had another user who
> installed the client software from home and he was issued
> a temporary license. When his 90 days expired, the server
> did not issue him a permanent license. I thought maybe the
> problem was we were out of licenses. Well after installing
> on my pc at home and not connecting, I checked the
> licenses on the server and my pc was issued a permanent
> license. Microsoft troubleshooting stated I could up the
> concurrent connections but the setting is already at
> unlimited connections. Does anyone know something I could
> try or the resolution to this? The other user is also
> getting the same message about closing the connection.
>
> Thanks,
>
> E. Rea

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

The two client pcs have Windows XP Pro and Windows 98. I
checked out the event log on the server and found the
following event, I'm not sure if this is directly related
to my problem but it sure sounds like it:

Event 38

Can't generate a license for client because of error.
Can't add certificate to store (error c0010020)

Any thoughts?

This means that the license certificate has been corrupted. Try
deleting the license from the client (HKLM\Software\Microsoft
\MSLicensing). If this doesn't work, you may have to deactivate
and reactivate the license server.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT