IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod

scariRAVE

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Hi, I'm also having the bsod IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I downloaded bluescreen review and the file in red is:
ntkrnlpa.exe

I usually experience this when I'm gaming.

Custom build:
Mobo : MSI 870-G45
cpu: AMD phenom II (Quard core 3.4 Ghz)
RAM: two 4GB sticks of G-Skill Ripjaws (DDR3 1600)
Vid Card: GTX 275 by EVGA

It bsods.. a LOT.
Need help!

Win7 32 only recognizes 3.25 GB of my RAM, could this be the main issue?
I just got an error from my last restart saying that my win7 isn't legal, but I KNOW it is..
I just purchased win7 64 bit, think that will help?
last bsod: 3/18/2011

I know that all my drivers are up to date also.

NatureTM

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I second proton9's opinion. I've had the error from different scenarios, but they were all hardware related. It could be a bad overclock, dirty fans, bad drivers or faulty hardware. It could even be that something isn't seated right in a slot.

You're going to have to try to isolate the problem through some basic troubleshooting. Run memtest like proton9 suggested. If you pass memtest, change something and see if it helps, preferably one thing at a time. If you're overclocked, try turning that off. Make sure your drivers are updated. Check your temps under load and clean your cpu/gpu heatsinks with some airduster. Ask yourself what changed in your config recently before this started happening.

Unfortunately, many things can cause this error. Sometimes these things can be tedious, but tracking it down will be a learning experience. Good Luck!!!

scariRAVE

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
well, i've updated my windows to 64 bit, and i've only recently had a bluescreen because of overheating gpu, I have been using MSI afterburner, but it's still running at 70 C for medium graphics on WoW, should not be happening at all. I have a gtx 275, and it shouldn't be doing that. just had a bluescreen ten minutes ago and it was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I'm going to try updating my graphics driver, or reinstalling.

any other thoughts or ideas?

scariRAVE

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Hey guys, I fixed the problem, the G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 don't always agree with the computer, my boyfriend and I traded RAM, and he hasn't had a blue screen. problem fixed :)

Exactly AMD mobo's don't like 1600Mhz ram kits,especially Gskills.
It's a known issue.
I see you like my pose!

TRENDING THREADS