Win 7 total security

micdep

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Hello,
I get this message all the time. I am not able to start my internet using IE or Firefox. What to do? This security program showing me that my PC is Infected and need to be removed (in order to do that I have to pay)

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
It's a fake/scam program designed to hijack your computer and get you to pay to get control back. Of course don't ever in a million years give any credit card numbers or money to these scammers.

Personally I would just format/reinstall but you probably don't want to go through with that so I would suggest you first try to run SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner. If that doesn't work give Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware a shot. You may have to download them from a different PC or rename them.

If you're still stuck maybe this guide can help.
Total Win 7 Security Analysis and Removal -Google is good.

You might go through Gizmo's Freeware Security Wizard for advice and software to prevent such problems from reoccurring.

ww2003

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
yep its a scam.. I feel or it once when i first got into computers and I had to get a new credit card because they will take everything they can and run.

you can also go to Cnet and they have some good programs there that are free and keep you secure. I run Ad-aware and AVG for my security both free on cnet.

micdep

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011

Thanks ... I did it ..I do not remember which way, but I spend few hours and use few utility programs (Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware; Spyware Doctor; Avira AntiVir; CCleaner and Frontline Registry Cleaner).... I can not tell which one did the job but finely i got it .. everything in Save Mode. I also clean some of the programs that I am not using. After installing Spyware Doctor, my my computer seams slow a lot.

orange_64

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
hi, friends Get Kaspersky Internet Security or K7 Total Security for free.... (1year 1 Pc) just share your youtube videos and get internet security log on to http://friendshiplus.com/gift/