Opteron 1xx dual Core still available?

mfurse

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Hey Everyone,

Just a stupid question, and I'm hoping there's enough truth in rumours to find out what's happening to dual-core opty's. I'm looking to upgrade but it seems that in the UK the dual core skt939 opterons have fallen off the face of the earth.....

komplett.co.uk had em for a week, then i hesitated and...gone
froogle pulls up some other retailers selling em but they're all MIA as well!

can find one company who shows em due in tomorrow (the 18th) - if they do I'll buy one - but I'm thinking AMD has pulled these reading the threads around the web...

Matt

RichPLS

Champion
They have not been pulled, but are simply in a lul from a mad buying spree sprouted by panic that the lovely gems of silicon were a numbered item...but alas, not to worry, AMD has assured us they will prosper for now....

mfurse

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Bit harsh being called a fool! I check everyday the pricecheck sites, froogle, and multiple retailers - the one that promised stock today, has instead removed the listing. I also have access to different trade sites and those also do not list the 1xx series.

I think people across the pond are hogging all the fun! I'll hang on to see if a UK retailer can turn up with the goods, if not - ebay's always a good starting point!

Thanks guys anyway!

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
What is it with the profanity and racial slurs these days in THWG forums? I've had to report like 5 people in the past week!

PS: Not you yet. Please do at least take away the 'Ja?' word and spell out the name of the country instead. I'm not offended, but some people would be...

RichPLS

Champion
Self contained with CPU wc'ng! that will look cool!
I considered one if needed, so far I am good with X1800XT's air cooling, but who knows when I will want to silence that boot up whine. :wink:

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
But I Plan On Using It To Overclock The CPU (Opteron) Not The GPU Thats Why Im Modifying It And Yes Thank You It Will Look Good Wont It?, Any Other Suggestions

By The Way: I Dont Think My 7800GT Needs Liquid Cooling (Look Below At My Specs)

RichPLS

Champion
Why not use the BWse? It has a bigger core, and can fit inside as intended, and if case is too small, surely would be easy to modify case and attach core to top or side.

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
True, But Even Though Ive Been Building PCs For 12-Years Im A Newb To Liquid Cooling And That Kit Is Very Simple (And Powers Off The PCI Slot) And I Like The Way It Looks

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
My Guidelines... The Waterblock Needs Ta Be Something Besides Aluminum And Must Be $45.00 Or Less...Links Please

And Will Mineral Oil Work Well?