Pocket Excel / Word Documentation

September 9, 2004 12:34:51 AM

What is the best source of documentation for Pocket Excel
2003? Preferably one that would contrast and detail the
features and functions with any of the Office versions -
preferably Office 2003 Excel running on WinXP. I'm
having a heck of a time with compatiblity, especially
going from the WinXP environment to the Pocket PC
environment - lots of Excel built-in functions don't
transfer, and others will but with varying results.

I'll also probably have the same question about Pocket
Word in a couple of months.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 5:13:30 PM

If you are having compatibility problems why not try one of the alternative
more fully spreadsheets? They have been mentioned lots of times in the
newsgroup, check the archives for more info, but there are a few choices
like spreadce, planmaker, and more.

"Thomas T" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the best source of documentation for Pocket Excel
> 2003? Preferably one that would contrast and detail the
> features and functions with any of the Office versions -
> preferably Office 2003 Excel running on WinXP. I'm
> having a heck of a time with compatiblity, especially
> going from the WinXP environment to the Pocket PC
> environment - lots of Excel built-in functions don't
> transfer, and others will but with varying results.
>
> I'll also probably have the same question about Pocket
> Word in a couple of months.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 6:33:42 PM

Alan, thanks for the response. Good suggestion. I'll
look into them.
- Thomas T

Related resources
September 10, 2004 3:09:57 AM

Hi Thomas:
In Activesync, from the Menu, click on Help/"Microsoft ActiveSync Help" and
from the help index type in "excel" (Alternately for Word type "word").
The help lines of interest...
"Converting Files",
"Convert Excel files for use on a mobile device",
"Excel attributes supported in Pocket Excel",
"Excel attributes not supported in Pocket Excel",
"Syncronizing Files"
"Modify Files synchronization settings"
"Stop synchronizing a file"
"Synchronize files from your desktop computer"

Microsoft has some help online,
From ActiveSync menu, click on Help/"Microsoft On the Web"/"Online Support"
Hope this helps

Regards Sharpy
PS See also my E-mail "Pocket Excel - How To Set Default Margins?" 8/09/2004
3:50pm

"Thomas T" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the best source of documentation for Pocket Excel
> 2003? Preferably one that would contrast and detail the
> features and functions with any of the Office versions -
> preferably Office 2003 Excel running on WinXP. I'm
> having a heck of a time with compatiblity, especially
> going from the WinXP environment to the Pocket PC
> environment - lots of Excel built-in functions don't
> transfer, and others will but with varying results.
>
> I'll also probably have the same question about Pocket
> Word in a couple of months.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 3:09:58 AM

Hi Sharpy,
Thanks for the response. I wish the answers were
different. I have a nice spreadsheet that we've been
using for travel expenses for a number of years. It
makes use of things like date functions and sumproduct to
split expenses between projects. Obviously it isn't
going to work on the Pocket PC. I also do a lot of pivot
table work... I'm glad that I made the switch from my
Palm to the Dell Axim - it's much easier to use in
conjunction with my laptop. I was wishing for more.
- Thomas T

Web"/"Online Support"
>Hope this helps
>
>Regards Sharpy
>PS See also my E-mail "Pocket Excel - How To Set Default
Margins?" 8/09/2004
>3:50pm
>
>"Thomas T" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> What is the best source of documentation for Pocket
Excel
>> 2003? Preferably one that would contrast and detail
the
>> features and functions with any of the Office
versions -
>> preferably Office 2003 Excel running on WinXP. I'm
>> having a heck of a time with compatiblity, especially
>> going from the WinXP environment to the Pocket PC
>> environment - lots of Excel built-in functions don't
>> transfer, and others will but with varying results.
>>
>> I'll also probably have the same question about Pocket
>> Word in a couple of months.
>

>.

Anonymous
September 10, 2004 4:06:55 AM