6800GT Dual View problems

Black_Solitare

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
Hello,

I am running a 6800GT in dual view on a windows 2000 box. All was fine and dandy until i upgraded to forceware 80 where things started to go a bit funny! Every so often my mouse pointer vanishes on the second monitor! and i cant get it back until i reboot which as you can imagine is incredably annoying! and i would like to get it sorted! i dont want to go back to forceware 70 as the monitors had a tendancy of getting bored and switching!

I am running win2k SP4 (fully patched) with the latest microsoft mouse program. Also got Black Ice and other random apps running in the taskbar!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? or can help me with a fix?

Thanks

BS

FlyGuy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
Does it happen randomly or only after you run a 3-D app/game? A while ago I noticed my mouse would disappear after a game on both monitors but a simple right click would bring it back. Perhaps try switching the monitor ports and see what happens? Or maybe switch modes to cloning or something and see if the problem persists?

Black_Solitare

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
It seems completly random which is the main problem! Ive switched everything around and it still does it. It seems to be something with forceware 80! it never did it before!

Its just that it knocks it off on the secondary monitor as opposed to both of them, and it still seems active as i can click around but theres no pointer!

I dont like cloning as i want to expanded desktop that dual view gives! clone or split would be no good!