Open port 3389 on firewall, cannot connect

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Does anyone know of other ports that need to be opened on a Nortel Contivity Firewall to all access to a Terminal Server? I have a static IP address NAT'ed to a private address where the Terminal Server is located. I have opened port 3389 and ICMP. I can ping the server, but cannot access Term. Server. My client is Win XP using RDP and the Server is 2003. I perfomed a Netstat from command prompt and I see other ports being used but they randomly change.
Please Advise!
Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about open port 3389 firewall connect
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

    Can you do a telnet external_IP 3389 from outside?

    --
    Cláudio Rodrigues

    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Technologies - Terminal Services
    http://www.terminal-services.net
    "steved_3" <steved3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of other ports that need to be opened on a Nortel
    Contivity Firewall to all access to a Terminal Server? I have a static IP
    address NAT'ed to a private address where the Terminal Server is located. I
    have opened port 3389 and ICMP. I can ping the server, but cannot access
    Term. Server. My client is Win XP using RDP and the Server is 2003. I
    perfomed a Netstat from command prompt and I see other ports being used but
    they randomly change.
    > Please Advise!
    > Thank you.

Firewalls Terminal Server Servers Windows