Open port 3389 on firewall, cannot connect

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 30, 2004 3:39:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Does anyone know of other ports that need to be opened on a Nortel Contivity Firewall to all access to a Terminal Server? I have a static IP address NAT'ed to a private address where the Terminal Server is located. I have opened port 3389 and ICMP. I can ping the server, but cannot access Term. Server. My client is Win XP using RDP and the Server is 2003. I perfomed a Netstat from command prompt and I see other ports being used but they randomly change.
Please Advise!
Thank you.
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 3:31:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Can you do a telnet external_IP 3389 from outside?

--
Cláudio Rodrigues

Microsoft MVP
Windows Technologies - Terminal Services
http://www.terminal-services.net
!