multiple remote connections

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I am trying to connect to my office 2003 terminal server
with 2 sessions at the same time. I have a dsl connection
to the internet and i can do 2 vpn tunnels at the same
time but when i connect to the terminal server with 1
computer using remote desktop it will not alloow me to
use the 2nd computer on the terminal server. i have been
told that i have to use a separate port because remote
desktop locks the default port through the router when it
connects and does not allow the second or 3rd connections
to go through. Any help in this matter would be greatly
appreciated.

Steve

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I am not the most experienced user, but hopefully I can give you a little
bit of direction in the mean time while waiting for someone more
knowledgable to respond. In 2003 server, multiple connections per account is
turned off by default I understand. You can start by making sure you have
multiple logins enabled. I believe this is done in group policy (not exactly
sure where it comes in the policy).

"Steve Ragsdale" <sragsdale@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to connect to my office 2003 terminal server
> with 2 sessions at the same time. I have a dsl connection
> to the internet and i can do 2 vpn tunnels at the same
> time but when i connect to the terminal server with 1
> computer using remote desktop it will not alloow me to
> use the 2nd computer on the terminal server. i have been
> told that i have to use a separate port because remote
> desktop locks the default port through the router when it
> connects and does not allow the second or 3rd connections
> to go through. Any help in this matter would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Steve

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

On the server, run tscc.msc, click on server settings, uncheck "Restrict
user to one session"