Lexmark... Why are all the world's Lexmarks sites down?

Just noticed that all the Lexmark country sites are down.
Can't get into US, Canada, UK, France, etc....

Is there something happening we should know about?
What have they done now? ;-)

-Taliesyn
3 answers Last reply
More about lexmark world lexmarks sites down

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:50:59 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
    wrote:

    >Just noticed that all the Lexmark country sites are down.
    >Can't get into US, Canada, UK, France, etc....
    >
    >Is there something happening we should know about?
    >What have they done now? ;-)
    >
    >-Taliesyn

    Works now. At least the Canadian site does. After leaving their
    site unchanged for I don't know how long (been the same for as long as
    I can remember), they seem to have finally gone and updated the site
    layout. Presumably, you tried when they were uploading all the new
    stuff to their servers.

    MCheu

    Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in news:2vf9oqF2l53qfU1@uni-
    berlin.de:

    > Just noticed that all the Lexmark country sites are down.
    > Can't get into US, Canada, UK, France, etc....
    >
    > Is there something happening we should know about?
    > What have they done now? ;-)
    >
    > -Taliesyn

    Maybe it has something to do with an article this week in ZDNetUK:

    "Speaking at a business computing conference in London, Stephen
    Prentice, general vice-president of hardware research for Gartner,
    estimated that printer owners are spending around £1,200 per litre on
    ink.

    "A new printer costs £110," said Prentice. "The cost of an ink cartridge
    is £70. I worked it out and a litre of colour ink would cost £1,200.
    That's more than Chanel No.5 or a good bottle of whisky would cost."

    JHanson

    John A. Hanson wrote:
    > Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in news:2vf9oqF2l53qfU1@uni-
    > berlin.de:
    >
    >> Just noticed that all the Lexmark country sites are down.
    >> Can't get into US, Canada, UK, France, etc....
    >>
    >> Is there something happening we should know about?
    >> What have they done now? ;-)
    >>
    >> -Taliesyn
    >>

    > Maybe it has something to do with an article this week in ZDNetUK:
    >
    > "Speaking at a business computing conference in London, Stephen
    > Prentice, general vice-president of hardware research for Gartner,
    > estimated that printer owners are spending around £1,200 per litre on
    > ink.
    >
    > "A new printer costs £110," said Prentice. "The cost of an ink
    > cartridge is £70. I worked it out and a litre of colour ink would
    > cost £1,200. That's more than Chanel No.5 or a good bottle of whisky
    > would cost."
    >

    > JHanson

    I don't know of any carts that cost *THAT* much. I can get a double set of
    tanks for my R800 for £80 and for my i9950 for £30 (not including red and
    green though, ta very much JetTec!)
    lose his marbles?

Printers Lexmark Peripherals