Remote Connecting Problems

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I have a XP pro system and trying to remotely connect .
Connecting to the server using the IP address I get the
following error "Remote connections might not be enabled
or the computer might be too busy to accept new
connections. It is also possible that the network
problems are preventing your connections" Can anyone help
here.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Did you give remote access to your XP from "Control
Panel/system/Remote/Allow Users to connect this computer remoetely" ???

"Catherine" <catmann@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> I have a XP pro system and trying to remotely connect .
> Connecting to the server using the IP address I get the
> following error "Remote connections might not be enabled
> or the computer might be too busy to accept new
> connections. It is also possible that the network
> problems are preventing your connections" Can anyone help
> here.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Thankyou Omer , yes both computers have been given remote access via
control panel . I also get the following error message when I click on
my HOME workgroup ; the WORKGROUP/DOMAIN does not contain any
terminal servers! ???

Below I have cut and pasted the cause and solutions offered from my
help menu ....cause one we have covered , cause two shouldnt be a
problem as I am only trying to networ my laptop and desktop . Cause
three ... ????

Cause: The remote computer might not be set up to accept remote
connections.

Solution: Try connecting to the remote computer at a later time. If
you
receive the same message, contact the server administrator.

Cause: The remote computer might already have the maximum number of
remote
connections it is set up to accept.

Solution: Try connecting to the remote computer at a later time. If
you
receive the same message, contact the server administrator.

Cause: Network problems might be preventing the connection.