Registry creation @ install

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

My task is to give support to terminal service(TS) for a non-TS application.

In this application at the time of install via a member DLL of the application, Registory is populated to HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Softeare...

But when I try to install it on the TS, there registory entry dont get written. I have userd the RegCreateKeyEx() function still its a problem.

To test the RegCreateKeyEx() I have created a simple application which will create this registory key in the registory. this test.EXE application works properly.

Please guice me what to be done... is there is any specific parameter I have to check.

PS: Install is going through the user having ADMINISTRATOR rights.

regards
Bipin
1 answer Last reply
More about registry creation install
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

    Make sure that the TS is put into "install mode" before installing
    the application.

    Here's some background on what happens when you install
    applications on a TS:

    186498 - Terminal Server Application Integration Information
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=186498

    Hosting Applications with Terminal Server
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/pro
    ddocs/deployguide/sdcce_term_overview.asp?frame=true

    --
    Vera Noest
    MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    "=?Utf-8?B?QmlwaW4=?=" <Bipin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > My task is to give support to terminal service(TS) for a non-TS
    > application.
    >
    > In this application at the time of install via a member DLL of
    > the application, Registory is populated to
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Softeare...
    >
    > But when I try to install it on the TS, there registory entry
    > dont get written. I have userd the RegCreateKeyEx() function
    > still its a problem.
    >
    > To test the RegCreateKeyEx() I have created a simple application
    > which will create this registory key in the registory. this
    > test.EXE application works properly.
    >
    > Please guice me what to be done... is there is any specific
    > parameter I have to check.
    >
    > PS: Install is going through the user having ADMINISTRATOR
    > rights.
    >
    > regards
    > Bipin

Registry Windows