TS drop connection

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I have DSL connection for Internet.
I have Windos 2003 Standard Server.
I have 3COM Wireless Rounter to do Internet Sharing.
TS connects through 3COM rounter.
For some reasons, the TS connections drops a lot.
I am not sure is DSL problem, 3COM probelm or Server
probelm to cause connection drop.
Can someone give me some advise!

Thanks!

Jimmy
1 answer Last reply
More about drop connection
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

    Could well be that there is a router between your client and your
    server, which sees no traffic and decides that the session must
    have ended and throws it out. The solution in that case is to
    enable KeepAlives. For the correct registry key, check:

    216783 - Unable to Completely Disconnect a Terminal Server
    Connection
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216783

    Also check this link:
    http://terminal.servebeer.com/php/flaky_connections.php

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "Jimmy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > I have DSL connection for Internet.
    > I have Windos 2003 Standard Server.
    > I have 3COM Wireless Rounter to do Internet Sharing.
    > TS connects through 3COM rounter.
    > For some reasons, the TS connections drops a lot.
    > I am not sure is DSL problem, 3COM probelm or Server
    > probelm to cause connection drop.
    > Can someone give me some advise!
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jimmy