Q: Best and worst airports in MSFS?

Which is your favorites?

(just curious to find new airports to fly in and out of)

What criteria? Shortest, most difficult? Easiest? Best Coffee? Worst
mountain approach?
My favourite is my own local because I use it IRL, but I know it would
hardly interest anyone else.

Cheers,

Quilly

GREGORY

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:04:45 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>What criteria? Shortest, most difficult? Easiest? Best Coffee? Worst
>mountain approach?
>My favourite is my own local because I use it IRL, but I know it would
>hardly interest anyone else.
>

>Cheers,
>
>Quilly

well for worst approach (or depart).. two come to mind.. Paro, Bhutan
and Medellin, Columbia SA. Remember those `turns on the radials' :)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Paro_depart.jpg (130k)

-Gregory

Arthur

Best airport has to be CYYZ in Toronto Canada because it's my home away
from home (and I say this without prejudice).

Worst airports are Chicago O'Hare because I can never get a parking space,
JFK in New York because the screen gets so jerky, I can never make a
half-decent landing, and Dallas-Fort Worth because I do more go-arounds
there, I upchuck my beer and tacos. When they call that airport a "hub",
they mean you go around and around and around the hub until, maybe, there's
a spot for you in the line-up. : ) Oh, did I mention KLAS in Las Vegas
where your biggest gamble is relying on the ATC?? What happens in Vegas,
stays in Vegas and so far, 3 of my big jets and one Lear have ended up like
lawn darts in nearby hills thanks to the ATC and are definitely, staying in
Vegas.

Most desolate airports? Ones in Antarctica where the buildings consists of
an RV (trailer) with a little glass turret and four little lights on top (to
control the penguin traffic). The runways are solid ice and braking is a
fantasy.

Arthur

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:04:45 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
> <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
> attention:
>
>>What criteria? Shortest, most difficult? Easiest? Best Coffee? Worst
>>mountain approach?
>>My favourite is my own local because I use it IRL, but I know it would
>>hardly interest anyone else.
>>

>>Cheers,
>>
>>Quilly
>>

> well for worst approach (or depart).. two come to mind.. Paro, Bhutan
> and Medellin, Columbia SA. Remember those `turns on the radials' :)
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/Paro_depart.jpg (130k)
>

> -Gregory

dallas

"Arthur"
>What happens in Vegas,
> stays in Vegas and so far, 3 of my big jets and one Lear have ended up
like
> lawn darts in nearby hills thanks to the ATC and are definitely, staying
in
> Vegas.

An inspired piece.

LOL

Dallas

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 13:39:33 -0500, Arthur wrote:

> Most desolate airports? Ones in Antarctica where the buildings consists of
> an RV (trailer) with a little glass turret and four little lights on top (to
> control the penguin traffic). The runways are solid ice and braking is a
> fantasy.

Any chance you can dig up the ICAO code for that one so we can take a look?

--

Marcel
(That's no moon...it's a space station!)

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

a nice one I found about a month or 2 ago is UHPP.