I can't complain about Canon tech support

Hi everyone...

I posted here a couple of weeks back about a Conon i860 refurb that I bought
off of Ebay that wouldn't print a drop. Several calls to tech support
resulted in a new print head, which didn't solve the problem, and then a
replacement printer, which acted just as dead. Someone here suggested that
the print heads might have been damaged by the original printer, so I called
Canon again (never waited more than 30 seconds BTW), and they offered to
send yet another printer out to swap with a print head already in it. That
was last Friday. The new printer arrived Monday... but without a print head.
I figured I'd try one of the presumably damaged heads in it anyways... and
after a couple of deep cleanings, it is working great; as good as my other
Canons. Considering that this was a $110 refurb bought off of Ebay, I feel
that the Canon people were very generous in sending me all of this stuff
over the past month; all free of charge, including shipping. I know that
people often carp about crummy tech support, but in this case I must say
that Canon took very good care of me...

Dennis

bill

Dennis Gordon wrote:

>Canons. Considering that this was a $110 refurb bought off of Ebay, I feel
>that the Canon people were very generous in sending me all of this stuff
>over the past month; all free of charge, including shipping. I know that
>people often carp about crummy tech support, but in this case I must say
>that Canon took very good care of me...

Lucky you. Up here in Canada, they didn't want to help at all.

My Canon i850 printhead failed after less than 5,000 pages and only 16
months. A friend's i550 also died around the same time with about 2,500
pages put through it. I hoped Canon would be willing to give us a deal
on new printheads, but no. I was even willing to buy a new printhead if
they would guarantee the part, but they said if it didn't fix things I
couldn't return it and I would be stuck with a useless $80 part and
still have a useless printer.

So for $120 more, I went out and bought an HP instead. :-/ New printer,
new cartridges, new warranty, good old support.

My friend opted for a printhead and his i550 is working fine. But he
said if this second one dies, he'll toss the printer and yell at Canon
support.