local printing

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

hi all

Win2k terminal server in app mode, win2k & winxp workstations

initially i was getting a 1103 error and the local printers weren't
appearing on the server.

i reinstalled terminal services on the server which cleared that problem but
left me with another

workstation has a usb printer, hp1000. the server sees it ok but when i try
to print (TS001) it says "there was an error printing the document.
retry/cancel" immediately and offers no further help or error code.

does anyone know where i could begin resolving this? i've searched ms kb and
google all to no avail.

any help much appreciated.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

"nUt" wrote

> workstation has a usb printer, hp1000. the server sees it ok but when i
try
> to print (TS001) it says "there was an error printing the document.
> retry/cancel" immediately and offers no further help or error code.

this one had me going for quite some time but i found the solution purely
by chance today.

i had something jammed in the print queue somewhere, or i was having
difficulty removing a printer, i forget... but i decided to bounce the
spooler service to clear the chuff.

when i did a net stop spooler, it told me it had two dependencies:

Print Server for Macintosh (Automatic)
TCP/IP Print Server (Automatic)

I stopped all three services and then restarted just the spooler service.

With the two other services stopped but the spooler service running, the
local printer suddenly sprang into life... so i set the both to disabled and
now everything is printing how it should.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Grate Job

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---