XP Pro can not RDP into Terminal Services box

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I have a Dell XP Pro SP1 box that will not connect to a 2000 TS box in application mode. I can ping and FTP to the TS box and can also RDP to another 2000 server running in Remote Administration mode, however when I attempt to connect to the Application Mode Box I am getting:

The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer.
The most likely causes for this error are:
1.) Remote Connections might not be enabled at the remote computer
2.) The maximum number of connection was exceeded at the remote computer
3.) A network error occurred while establishing the connection

Supporting info:
XP PC and 2000 TS App Mode server are on same network and in the same building, should be no WAN/VPN issues.
I can ping and ftp to the TS App Mode server
I have 75+ other users connecting to the App Mode server, it has an Unlimited license running in "Per Server" mode
The Remote admin 2000 server is on the same network that I can connect to through RDP/MSTSC
I can see the XP PC in Terminal Services Licensing under "Existing Windows 2000 License"
The PC was recently updated with the most current version of RDP/MSTSC.
I am receiving an event 1004 "The terminal server cannot issue a client license" on the 2000 TS App Mode box
I can RDP/MSTSC from the 2000 TS App Mode server to the PC having issues.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

--------------------------------
From: Kylan Coghlan

-----------------------
Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/)

<Id>4YJ+lrMliky47psk9R77SQ==</Id>

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Force the XP Pro client to grab a new license by removing the
existing license from the registry of the client:

187614 - Removing Terminal Server Licenses from an RDP Client
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=187614

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT