Throttle disabled??

maypep_necro

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
My CPU is a Pentium4 2.0 GHZ socket 478 and when my computer overheat, it got no throttle. It just restart. I checked things and my throttle is disabled. How can i enable it?

lordroddington

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
i would be a lot less worried about whether throttling is enabled and more worried about why it's overheating in the first place. does this happen often?

endyen

Splendid
Throttling involves changing the cycles that the chip acts on, to simulate a speed of 2.8 ghz. It would be a nice trick on your chip, but may not be what you want to do when overheating.
Hope that sounds funny. Your chip was built before throttling was invented, so it's not an option.
The lord there is very right. Your chip should idle around 37c, and run full load @ 50 to 55c max.
Start by giving everything inside the case a good cleaning. Dry compressed air works well. If the compressor in you garage doesn't have a drier, you can use a vacuum on blow, if you are careful, or buy some cans of air.

butitoy

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
u gonna read ur manual. in the bios setting. maybe it's written there.

and try to change ur heatsink/fan.
is it a stock cooler type?

it overheats?
does ur pc have an exhaust fan? intake fans on the side?

maypep_necro

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
CPU temps: idle: 26-30
Full load: 40-43

How can my can detect a throttle option and it din't was invented in this time?
I wanna to it be enabled please help me is there a button on mb or a software thing plz

endyen

Splendid
Your chip is cool. The prescotts are hotter at idle than your chip is @ full load. Dont worry about it.
When your chip is above 55c @ full load, start thinking about considering worrying.