Internal Speaker Volume

August 20, 2004 6:01:46 PM

My laptop has no external speakers connected. I'd like to be able to
control the volume and/or cut off the internal speaker. If I click Control
panel | Sounds, the opening "General tab" tells me I have no sound devices
connected (technically true), and offers no options to adjust the internal
speaker.

How can I control the volume of the internal speaker?

--
PT
Anonymous

Go to Speaker Settings then click on the Advanced tab and
click the pull down menu. Theirs setting for Laptop mono
speakers and Laptop Stereo speakers. Not sure if that
will help.

Message-----
>My laptop has no external speakers connected. I'd like
to be able to
>control the volume and/or cut off the internal speaker.
If I click Control
>panel | Sounds, the opening "General tab" tells me I
have no sound devices
>connected (technically true), and offers no options to
adjust the internal
>speaker.
>
>How can I control the volume of the internal speaker?
>
>--
>PT
>

>.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2004 11:03:25 PM

PT wrote:
> My laptop has no external speakers connected. I'd like to be able to
> control the volume and/or cut off the internal speaker. If I click
> Control panel | Sounds, the opening "General tab" tells me I have no
> sound devices connected (technically true), and offers no options to
> adjust the internal speaker.
>
> How can I control the volume of the internal speaker?

Most laptop computers have a volume control on the keyboard. Look for 2
speaker icons (one for increase and one for decrease) on the keys. This is
usually initiated by holding down the function (FN) key while pressing one
of the volume control keys.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org
Related resources
September 9, 2004 1:56:23 AM

I figured out the laptop. But my desktop has no audio at all. Is the
motherboard architecture of typical desktops different from typical laptops?

--
PT

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
Most laptop computers have a volume control on the keyboard. Look for 2
speaker icons (one for increase and one for decrease) on the keys. This is
usually initiated by holding down the function (FN) key while pressing one
of the volume control keys.
April 21, 2009 3:51:46 AM

what did you do to get it to let you use your internal sound again? i'm having the same issue
!