Ok i own a media center edition computer with no tv tuner. I am looking into buyign a tv tuner. Preferrably one that can tune in 2 channels. Thats when i came across this one. So here are my questions. Please help me on these.
And to let you know incase these play a role into any of the answers i have:
Dual PCIe 16x Geforce 7800 GTX 256mb
Pentium D 3.2 gHz
2gb DDR2 ram
and only 1 PCI slot available.
1. Do i need only PCI slot to take full advantage of all the features on this card?
2. I have cable television. Will this card allow me to plug 2 cables into it to watch 2 channels? (basic stupid questions but just to make sure.)
3. I see this card has one RCA (red white and yellow plugs) That allows input from DVDs and such input correct?
4. Can i buy a separate remote for MCE to work with this tuner?
5. And i have come across one bad review of this item in conjunction with a Dual core computer (which i have) is this true?
I don't have the dual tuner 500, but I have the single tuner version the pvr150. I will try and describe those points of my setup that might help you.
I have sattellite and connect the decoder box to the tuner via svhs cable. The Ir blaster software changes the channels on the decoder box and the remote works great.
If I had dual tuners and cable, I would set one tuner on the cable box for channels that must be descrambled (using svhs input), and I would splitter the cable to the other tuner to capture unscrambled channels.
I have a dual core opteron 165, and it works GREAT!!!! I have heard rumors of people with problems, but I don't have them. I am running on W2000 atm. I expect if there are problems with dual cores, it is specific to windows MCE, or possibly a VIA chipset.
I am still auditioning the various software packages, but so far BeyondTV is giving me the least headaches, and it takes advantage of the dual cores very nicely.
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Read discussions in other Graphics & Displays categories