X800 Pro NON-VIVO mod

navysealbrian

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Alright, bout a ASUS X800 Pro NON-VIVO a like 14 months ago. I want to sqeeze some more juice out of it. So, I looked around and found about unlocking pipelines. I came about on this one forum post someone made, so I followed it. Site here. I uninstalled the drivers and Catalyst, connected the pipeline gap with some conductive lacquer, and then flashed the BIOS. I checked out ATITool and it says 16 pipeline, so I was very happy. BUT, when I install the drivers and Catalyst, it goes back down to 12 pipelines. Now, I tryed 2 different ways of going about this, first I stuck with a X800 XT BIOS before I installed the drivers (ATITool said 16 pipelines before install) and I tried another way by going back to the original X800 Pro BIOS (ATITool said 16 pipelines before install once again). It kept going to 12 pipelines either way I went.
So, is Catalyst/drivers noticing that the card is in fact a modded X800 Pro and therefore just keeping it as a Pro, or am I doing something wrong?
I also read that one guy had this Russian overclocker mod his NON-VIVO Pro successfully into an XT, they had a special driver or BIOS or something like that, but the link to the file takes me to a Russian site and I don't know Russian, nor are translators helping me much. I can't find the link now, but I'll post it later if I do find it.

scoyle

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/127#

That is the article Wusy is referring to. It helped me unlock my GTO2, as it provides that 16 pipeline BIOS and the flash utility. The ID information he talks about is also in there.

Good luck.