pcanywhere doesn't work after remote desktop session

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

how come pcanywhere fails to work correctly after i have used a remote
desktop session since last reboot? pcanywhere just shows a black screen with
a curssor blinking in the top left corrner.

--
5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I'm amazed that you can connect at all. When you install pcAnywhere,
it replaces the normal msgina.dll with awgina.dll. It warns you about
this during installation.
pcAnywhere and TS on the same box don't mix well.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote on 29 sep 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

> how come pcanywhere fails to work correctly after i have used a
> remote desktop session since last reboot? pcanywhere just shows
> a black screen with a curssor blinking in the top left corrner.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

i didn't get that error message. im not using the full terminal server, just
remote desktop on xp. and it does work as long as i don' t remote desktop
before i use pcanywhere. seems like remote desktop IS breaking pcanywhere.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> I'm amazed that you can connect at all. When you install pcAnywhere,
> it replaces the normal msgina.dll with awgina.dll. It warns you about
> this during installation.
> pcAnywhere and TS on the same box don't mix well.
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote on 29 sep 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:
>
>> how come pcanywhere fails to work correctly after i have used a
>> remote desktop session since last reboot? pcanywhere just shows
>> a black screen with a curssor blinking in the top left corrner.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Well, let's not argue about what breaks what. pcAnywhere replaces
the standard login software msgina.dll with awgina.dll, and the
two of them are not compatible.
Normally, it is rdp that stops functioning.

300470 - Error Message: You Cannot Initiate a Remote Desktop
Connection Because the Windows Logon Software on...
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300470

--

"James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote on 30 sep 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:

> i didn't get that error message. im not using the full terminal
> server, just remote desktop on xp. and it does work as long as i
> don' t remote desktop before i use pcanywhere. seems like remote
> desktop IS breaking pcanywhere.
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote
> in message
>> I'm amazed that you can connect at all. When you install
>> pcAnywhere, it replaces the normal msgina.dll with awgina.dll.
>> It warns you about this during installation.
>> pcAnywhere and TS on the same box don't mix well.
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote on 29 sep 2004 in
>> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity:
>>
>>> how come pcanywhere fails to work correctly after i have used
>>> a remote desktop session since last reboot? pcanywhere just
>>> shows a black screen with a curssor blinking in the top left
>>> corrner.

mikemankus

I have the same issue.ONLY after RDP do I get a black screen in PCA.
Did you resolve this ?
mikemankus@verizon.net