Windows NT 4.0 TS Autologon

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Group, I have an old WinNT 4.0 TS that no longer has a
PDC to authenticate to. It has been configured with
Autologon through the registry setting in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon. Now once it finally boots up,
I cannot make any changes to the registry due to
permission problems. Does anyone have any ideas on how I
can get the Autologon turned off, or disable it. The
permissions seem to be the main problem here as the
machine cannot authenticate.

Thank you,
Dale Young

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I seem to remember that holding the Shift key down during the
logon disables automatic logon.

I assume thay you have a local account on the server? Can't you
edit the registry remote and delete the autologon key?

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Dale Young" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 30 sep
2004 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity: