Sign in with
Your question

BEFSR41 ROUTER ALERT!!

Last response: in Video Games
February 9, 2005 7:05:56 AM

All of you using the LINKSYS BEFSR41 Routers.

DO NOT FIRMWARE UPDATE TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE VERSION 1.46.2

IF YOU DO UPDATE TO THAT ROUTER FIRMWARE VERSION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY CONNECTED TO ANY "STEAM NETWORKED GAME"

THIS IS NO JOKE GUYS.

If you have updated to the latest firmware version of 1.46.2 you can fix the problem by RE-DOING the firmware update back to firmware version 1.45.7 or 1.45.11

You will not be able to find those older firmware versions at LINKSYS I had to call the tech department and have them Email me firmware versions 1.45.7 and 1.45.11

As yet I have not got the firmware fixed!!

I am posting this to save the rest of you that have the BEFSR41 routers from grief.

I will post back if the reverse firmware update works and the Steam Network allows me to stay connected.

WELL PHIAL that was the "or something else." <--- Bit I mentioned int he other post!!

Yep Risked it and it bit me in the @ss!!

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=orange>LOVES</font color=orange> <font color=red>CANADA</font color=red>

More about : befsr41 router alert

February 9, 2005 9:20:42 AM

Stop spamming you crazy lunatic.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA
February 9, 2005 10:18:48 AM

OK SOLUTION!!

If you did a BEFSR41 version 2 Router update to Firmware version 1.46.2 and can no longer game on the STEAM Network.

You can Reverse the firmware update to the original 1.45.7 version.

If anyone needs this .BIN file to upgrade your router back to a usable state simply PM me and I will email you the 1.45.7 file.

Firmware version 1.45.11 dose not function for Steam either.

Regards Hawk.

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=orange>LOVES</font color=orange> <font color=red>CANADA</font color=red>
Related resources
February 9, 2005 10:25:29 AM

AM NOT SPAMMING!!

Hey if you had my day trying to figure out why Steam kept kicking me off the servers you would not say I was spamming dude.

I never thought the fimware update would cause such problems.

It took the better part of the day to figure out it was not something in my P.C like firewall software etc blocking me from staying connected in game.

I even considerd OpenGL driver issues and cleaned all resident graphics drivers and reloaded them. I went around and around like a dying dog on this today.

I flashed the ROuter back to version 1.45.11 from 1.46.2 and I could still not stay connected.

I have been on the phone with LINKSYS the whole nine yards of BS.

It took me 40 minutes on Google to track down defunct original 1.45.7 Firmware drivers. That fixed it so far.

I nearly stopmed that router to dust today and I dont lose my temper easily.

A new router is going to show up on my P.C desk very shortly. What brand who knows !! At least I learned to can firmware update a LINKSYS router back to the stone age and they still function.

Flash the crap out of them they are tough.

February 9, 2005 6:08:02 PM

damnit shut the hell up already! every where i go on this board i see your ramblings.

this is my boomstick!
February 9, 2005 8:23:20 PM

Quote:
damnit shut the hell up already! every where i go on this board i see your ramblings.

You could blow me and I could leave a big wad in your mouth that might satisfy you.

HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW ?

February 10, 2005 1:44:14 AM

Sod shut up already. If you really want to warn people then you need to stop being so verbose since we naturally just stop reading after the first couple of words.

</font color=red><i><font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS </font color=blue><font color=red>AMERICA
February 10, 2005 5:21:00 AM

Is that a fact I read everyones full post.

February 10, 2005 6:57:59 AM

I'm just messing with you buddy.

February 10, 2005 7:58:48 AM

Like my new sig?

<font color=red>DOG</font color=red> <font color=orange>SOLVES</font color=orange> <font color=red>CANADA</font color=red>
February 11, 2005 1:03:20 AM

It's truly remarkable.

I think I should change mine. I used to change it all the time but just haven't been inspired lately.

!