map drive over Remote Desktop to 2003 TS ?

Scott

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Hi,

I need to transfer files from 1 site to another using a batch file.

Our client has 2003 server running terminal services at site1 and at site 2
users connect directly using the Remote Desktop Client (im aware this is not
very secure).

I noticed that you can share DRIVES from the client when logging into the
terminal server and these drive then become available on the terminal server
desktop.

Is it then possible to map a drive from this terminal server windows back to
the remote client where the Remote Desktop software is running ?

When I tried I got the message "The drive could not be mapped because no
network was found". Will it ever be possible to map a drive like this ?

I understand that the terminal server screen shows the drive in my
computer......but i need a batch file to run and copy the files for me on a
schedule.

Thanks for any information.
Scott

map drive over Remote Desktop to 2003 TS ?

Andre

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

why do you need to map back?

Can't you just have the batch file to copy to the drive that was map on the
TS?

André

"scott" <nospamscott@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to transfer files from 1 site to another using a batch file.
>
> Our client has 2003 server running terminal services at site1 and at site
> 2 users connect directly using the Remote Desktop Client (im aware this is
> not very secure).
>
> I noticed that you can share DRIVES from the client when logging into the
> terminal server and these drive then become available on the terminal
> server desktop.
>
> Is it then possible to map a drive from this terminal server windows back
> to the remote client where the Remote Desktop software is running ?
>
> When I tried I got the message "The drive could not be mapped because no
> network was found". Will it ever be possible to map a drive like this ?
>
> I understand that the terminal server screen shows the drive in my
> computer......but i need a batch file to run and copy the files for me on
> a schedule.
>
> Thanks for any information.
> Scott
>
> map drive over Remote Desktop to 2003 TS ?

Scott

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

thanks for reply.

If the batch file resides on the workstation clinet c drive and i need to
run copy file + import to software on terminal server. The clinet logs into
the TS and sees the TS desktop by using Remote Desktop on 3389. How can the
TS see the clinets C drive automatically ?

- remote desktop clinet allows you to set the drives to share but not map
them. i.e can see them from TS desktop.
- can share the clinet C drive but cant map the drive from the TS i.e
\\clinet\c as it cant find resource.

I can see the clinet c drive from the server but not map it. The clinet c
dirve appears under the OTHER heading.

I dont think its possible.

Scott

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

got it.

net use x: \\tsclient\c

making sure the DRIVES are available via the Remote Desktop Local Resources
option.

thanks
scott