Login problems

I have a friend who is using Windows XP Pro and has
forgotten his password, can anyone help with how to
either find his password or bypass the login screen?

Early replies welcomed.
2 answers Last reply
More about login problems

    The following are instructions for dealing with this issue:
    If you have XP Pro on your computer, at the log in screen type
    ctrl-alt-delete
    twice. In the user account type administrator, leave the password blank and
    press enter. You likely didn't create a password for this hidden account
    during setup and if the computer was purchased with XP pre-installed it
    doesn't likely have one either,

    If you have Home, boot into Safe Mode (F8 after the post test and before
    Windows starts. Once Windows starts loading, you've missed it and will have
    to try again). You'll have an option to log on as Administrator. Again,
    the same procedure, you'll be asked to log in to get into safe mode, type
    administrator, leave the password blank and press enter.

    This will get you in. Then go to Control Panel, user accounts, select the
    specific user and select change password. Once you've changed the password
    it would be advisable to create a Password Reset Disk by clicking "Prevent a
    Forgotten Password" link in the left pane.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Audrey" <audreyhall@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a friend who is using Windows XP Pro and has
    > forgotten his password, can anyone help with how to
    > either find his password or bypass the login screen?
    >
    > Early replies welcomed.

    see the following link:
    us;321305

Login Microsoft Windows XP