CD-ROM Drive Error ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am the administrator and my son Allan is a limited user on my XPpro
computer. I recently installed a game on the computer that he purchased and
he would like to play it. The game is Warcraft 3 and it contains a
secondary program called World Editor.

Each time he tries to play the game he receives an error message as follows:

CD-ROM Drive Error

You need administrative rights on this PC to run Warcraft 3 (or World
Editor) Please check your settings, then click on 'Retry'.

I have alread tried to go to the 'Sharing and Security' and dragging the
icons to the Shared Documents folder. The folder containing his files is
called "Warcraft 3" and it is already located as a subfolder as follows:
C:\\Documents&Settings\All Users\Documents\Warcraft 3.

I can't figure this out.

Any ideas please?

Bruce

Bruce Garlock wrote:
> I am the administrator and my son Allan is a limited user on my XPpro
> computer. I recently installed a game on the computer that he
> purchased and he would like to play it. The game is Warcraft 3 and
> it contains a secondary program called World Editor.
>
> Each time he tries to play the game he receives an error message as
> follows:
>
> CD-ROM Drive Error
>
> You need administrative rights on this PC to run Warcraft 3 (or World
> Editor) Please check your settings, then click on 'Retry'.
>
> I have alread tried to go to the 'Sharing and Security' and dragging
> the icons to the Shared Documents folder. The folder containing his
> files is called "Warcraft 3" and it is already located as a subfolder
> as follows: C:\\Documents&Settings\All Users\Documents\Warcraft 3.
>
> I can't figure this out.
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Bruce

Sorry, but some games can only be run with full rights because of the way
they use DirectX (IIRC - I'm a little hazy). You might wish to repost this
in the correct group (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games). How old is your
son? Surely you can trust him to run the game under your user?
lose his marbles?

Do you not understand simple English? Your son has a limited account, and
the game requires an account with full administrative privileges. If this
is beyond your realm of understanding, perhaps you should stick to a
gameboy.

Bobby

> Bruce Garlock wrote:
>> I am the administrator and my son Allan is a limited user on my XPpro
>> computer. I recently installed a game on the computer that he
>> purchased and he would like to play it. The game is Warcraft 3 and
>> it contains a secondary program called World Editor.
>>
>> Each time he tries to play the game he receives an error message as
>> follows:
>>
>> CD-ROM Drive Error
>>
>> You need administrative rights on this PC to run Warcraft 3 (or World
>> Editor) Please check your settings, then click on 'Retry'.
>>
>> I have alread tried to go to the 'Sharing and Security' and dragging
>> the icons to the Shared Documents folder. The folder containing his
>> files is called "Warcraft 3" and it is already located as a subfolder
>> as follows: C:\\Documents&Settings\All Users\Documents\Warcraft 3.
>>
>> I can't figure this out.
>>
>> Any ideas please?
>>
>> Bruce
>

> Sorry, but some games can only be run with full rights because of the way
> they use DirectX (IIRC - I'm a little hazy). You might wish to repost this
> in the correct group (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games). How old is your
> son? Surely you can trust him to run the game under your user?
> --
> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
> lose his marbles?

Actually, that isn't true. I have limited accounts on my computer, as well
as Warcraft III, all you need to do is give the user full write access to
the Warcraft III folder.

--
Paul Cyr

-----

The Debate Continues... www.xvsxp.com

Protect Yourself and Others in 6 Simple Steps...
http://davechalkconnected.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1802
-----

"NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
> Do you not understand simple English? Your son has a limited account, and
> the game requires an account with full administrative privileges. If this
> is beyond your realm of understanding, perhaps you should stick to a
> gameboy.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
>> Bruce Garlock wrote:
>>> I am the administrator and my son Allan is a limited user on my XPpro
>>> computer. I recently installed a game on the computer that he
>>> purchased and he would like to play it. The game is Warcraft 3 and
>>> it contains a secondary program called World Editor.
>>>
>>> Each time he tries to play the game he receives an error message as
>>> follows:
>>>
>>> CD-ROM Drive Error
>>>
>>> You need administrative rights on this PC to run Warcraft 3 (or World
>>> Editor) Please check your settings, then click on 'Retry'.
>>>
>>> I have alread tried to go to the 'Sharing and Security' and dragging
>>> the icons to the Shared Documents folder. The folder containing his
>>> files is called "Warcraft 3" and it is already located as a subfolder
>>> as follows: C:\\Documents&Settings\All Users\Documents\Warcraft 3.
>>>
>>> I can't figure this out.
>>>
>>> Any ideas please?
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>

>> Sorry, but some games can only be run with full rights because of the way
>> they use DirectX (IIRC - I'm a little hazy). You might wish to repost
>> this in the correct group (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games). How old is
>> your son? Surely you can trust him to run the game under your user?
>> --
>> My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
>> lose his marbles?

kenneth14344

Hi guys This might be help i have the same problem too but my warcraft is okay now ^^ im 17 years old my name is Ted Kenneth P. Trapila From Cebu Dota Player not Noob Not Pro ^^You Might be laugh after reading my reply but this will help, hope so, i read all the topic regarding this error but there is a simple way to fix it ^^ just download the "WVS" Warcraft Version Switcher but be sure that u have a 2-3 versions of warcraft, when my warcraft was error my current version on that is 1.24d TFT, but i just realized to switch it into 1.24b then i start the warcraft after that i was shock ^^ it just back to normal w/o any problems ^^ many players has this error 2 but i was just post this to help you guys hehe so effortless fixing ^^.

digitalprospecter

Thanks for the update on this error Kenneth. You never know who it might help. People are searching the web all the time for answers and if they find it here, so much the better!

Cheers.

bagzbony

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

hi! i hope u could help me too. my son can't open his frozen throne game anymore. error message' CDROm drive error: please make sure that your frozen throne disc isin yourCD-ROM drive,thenclick onRetry.' please help....thanx!

Hey bagzbony. There is likely a problem with the disc or the CD drive. Check the disc to see if it's scratched or smudged. You can use a few drops of water and a soft cloth to clean the disc.

If that doesn't help, start your own thread, and you'll get more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS